47

"Eleanor, you're fussing again." Fleurette stated while Eleanor stood in front of her tying up her cloak, she then reached up and pulled the hood over her head. The weather outside may have been sunny in the day, but now the clouds had grown grey and light rain had started to fall down to earth. Claudia and Geoffrey stood behind Eleanor with sad looks on their faces. Eleanor had briefly filled them in with what was happening.

Sure they were worried for her, especially considering she was going to a different country with a mysterious man who neither of them had ever met. Eleanor was rather allusive with the information she had told the two servants as well. Eleanor may have not agreed with them being together, or in each others company, she didn't know what to class it as. But she was rather sure that Erik wouldn't approve with being secretly spoken about to two servants, who would most likely converse about him with each other, things could get complicated then.

"Eleanor!" Fleurette exclaimed, the blonde stopped brushing hair out of Fleurette's face and looked at her confused. "Please stop."

"But this will be the last time we see each other. Why can't I come down to the harbour and bid you farewell?"

"Because we're sneaking on board. We don't have a ticket."

"You could get in such trouble for that." Claudia stated while shaking her head disapprovingly.

Fleurette's eyes dimmed slightly and she looked down at the floor. Eleanor frowned and shot Claudia a look.

"You will be fine, I am sure of it." Eleanor stated.

Fleurette looked up at her suddenly. "You approve all of a sudden?"

"As long as he looks after you, and is with you then I'll be fine. My mind will not worry for I can clearly see, and have seen, that he'll look after you." Eleanor rambled out while wiping her eyes.

"Eleanor, it's fine," Fleurette smiled and wrapped her arms around her sister, squeezing her eyes shut she rubbed a hand on her back and stepped back. Standing on the step below the one near the front door Fleurette smiled.

"Little flower, are you really sure you wish to go? I feel like I have to ask just one last time." Eleanor asked quietly.

Fleurette inhaled and then exhaled slowly. Looking down at the ground she nodded slowly. Eleanor didn't look quite happy with this being an answer. "I love him. Knowing he'd leave and I'd still be here thrown back into a life I had left behind would destroy me." Fleurette said strongly, Eleanor smiled slowly and winked, she let out a quiet laugh and waved a hand at her.

"Oh, Fleurette," Eleanor shook her head and looked up at the dark sky. "I would keep you here if I could. But I can't," looking back at her sister she sighed. "Go. Have fun, I hope you discover the wider world, and I hope the wider world is what you think it to be." Eleanor stepped out into the rain, held onto Fleurette tightly and then stepped back inside slowly again.

Fleurette smiled, although she was trying to put on a brave face. "Get prepared for my first telegram."

"Oh I will." And that was it, Eleanor and Fleurette looked at each with a knowing look before she slowly turned and walked down the steps carefully because of the rain laying on the stony surface.

——

Erik stood leaning against the wall sheltered from the light rain because of the two buildings being close together. nThere was a odd feeling wrapping and gripping onto his heart. Putting a hand on his chest he frowned, perhaps overhearing Fleurette and Eleanor's conversation had had an affect on him. Even more so perhaps hearing Fleurette's confessions about her feelings towards him was making him feel like this. Whatever this feeling was exactly. It was a feeling which had long since been buried somewhere deep down inside himself. Christine was the last person logically to make him feel like this, Erik frowned, look where that led. Raoul had come and took her away from him.