28

Waking up to frantic knocking on the door, Fleurette had no option but to wake up. There were hushed voices from below. She laid on her back in bed listening, there wasn't actually much to the conversation that she could hear of. Tilting her head to the side, Fleurette listened to two sets of footsteps walking towards one of the rooms and then a door shutting. Several seconds later running footsteps were on the stairs and there was knocking on her door and then Eleanor's.

Lifting herself out of bed, Fleurette opened the door and watched Claudia talk to her older sister. There was a mention of a solicitor which caused her to raise an eyebrow confused. "A solicitor, here?" Fleurette questioned while getting ushered back into her room. Claudia was fussing and telling her to get dressed and quickly. Several minutes later she exited her room straightening out a dark burgundy dress and looking at her sister who was tying her hair up. "What do you think this is about?" Fleurette asked, Eleanor shrugged and walked with her down the corridor and down the stairs.

Claudia was waiting outside the drawing room and looked at them both eagerly before directing them to the door and opening it up. "Which one of you is Eleanor?" The sharply dressed man asked while standing up, Fleurette pointed to her sister. "In that case I need to discuss something with you." Eleanor and Fleurette looked at each other confused.

Nodding and smiling lightly, Fleurette turned and exited the room. "What do you think this is about?" She asked Claudia, the elder woman shook her head and watched Fleurette sit down at the kitchen table.

"It could be over anything." Claudia reasoned and put a cup down in front of her. She then took to making her tea and something for breakfast. It was about an hour later when Eleanor reappeared after letting the man out of the house. "So?" Claudia asked while lowering a book she was reading.

Fleurette stopped spinning a spoon on the table and lifted her head up from her hand. "What did he want?"

"I am not quite sure how to say this," Eleanor said while brushing a hand through some stray locks. She sat down stiffly next to her sister and looked from Claudia to her and then down at the table.

"It's bad news, isn't it?" Fleurette questioned.

"No, no it's good news. Brilliant even."

"Yes?" Claudia urged her to continue.

"Father put me as the owner of the house." The information caused Fleurette and Claudia to look at each other and then at Eleanor. After several quiet seconds they clapped their hands together and cheered happily. "Not just me but Felix too." This information just caused her younger sister and the servant to make more happy noises.

"No chances of us getting turfed out then, huh? I shall make you some much needed breakfast," Claudia said while busying herself around the kitchen.

"And I guess there's zero chances of us having to sell the house and downgrade?" Fleurette questioned while leaning against her hand again. Eleanor shook her head and smiled at her, "That's brilliant news indeed."

Going back to the opera house was a strange feeling. It felt like the sisters had been away from the building for such a long time. When logically it had only been a few days if that. Fleurette flung her bag on her bed and sat down slowly. Laying back she stared up at the dark beamed ceiling.

"You are back."

"Hello, Erik," Fleurette smiled from her hanging off of the bed position. She could vaguely see him leaning against the wall although the image was upside down to her. Rolling onto her stomach and pushing herself up to kneel she nodded. "We had some brilliant news earlier on."

"Does this mean you are here to stay?"

"Yes! You cannot get rid of me that easily."

"I did not want to get rid of you at all," Erik said while shifting away from the wall and walking over to her. Kneeling down in front of her, he looked around and then up at her. "What was this news?"