24

Giving a shudder Fleurette's eyes slowly opened. They opened only to shut again, sunlight was beaming through her opened curtains and had blinded her. Peeping out from underneath the covers she looked around. She was laying on the floor opposite the fire, which had long since gone out. Sitting up slowly, the cover which was wrapped around her fell to the floor. Standing up slowly she walked to the window and looked out. The horrid rain had gone and now bright sunlight shined in the sky.

Letting out a slow sigh she turned and picked up the cover and folded it, laying it on the bed she picked up the cushions and threw them on there too. Straightening out her dressing gown and nightdress she walked out of the room. Fleurette's morning routine was rather boring, breakfast and idly talking to Claudia. Eleanor and Felix made an appearance soon after nine o'clock and joined her in the kitchen.

"As much fun as this is we really should be getting ready to return back." Eleanor said simply while drinking some tea. Felix and Fleurette exchanged a look and then looked at her. "What? Why do you both look at me like that?"

"Well," Felix said while leaning casually forward against the table. "You do have the whole day off still. Why rush back?"

"We need to take part in rehearsals, or have you forgotten where exactly it is we work?" Eleanor answered back.

"There's just no winning with her is there?" Felix looked at Fleurette, who shook her head slowly. "See your dear sister doesn't seem too fussed about rushing back. So why should you?"

"You are right," Eleanor paused and looked at her sister. "I am rather surprised you are not nagging to go back. You do love the building just as much as the dancing."

"I'm tired." Fleurette said in a blank tone.

"Still?" Eleanor answered with a raised eyebrow, Fleurette slowly nodded and leaned her head against the table.

"Why did you get up so early for then?" Felix asked, someone had to ask the obvious question and that someone was seemingly him.

Turning her head to the side to look up at him, Fleurette sighed. What could she possibly say? The truth wasn't going to be said, she couldn't exactly say that the reason behind her getting up so early was to catch Erik before he went. "Automatic." Fleurette answered while sitting up slowly, the pair in front of her gave her a dubious look yet didn't question the matter any more. Rolling her eyes Fleurette stood up and ventured out and back up to her room. A few minutes passed before she reappeared in the kitchen. She was now dressed in a simple dark purple, almost burgundy dress. Straightening out the skirt she looked up at them, tucking some of her hair behind her ear she smiled. "I'm off."

"Without us?" Eleanor questioned while drinking some more of her tea. Fleurette nodded, "Any reason why you should be venturing out without us? Could it be something to do with that man you were talking to last night?"

"Shock horror!" Felix exclaimed in mock seriousness. "Our little Fleurette met a man, and is possibly going out to meet him?" He fanned a hand in front of his face. "I can barely believe this information."

"Excuse me!" Fleurette stomped a foot and crossed her arms.

Felix grinned and laughed, "I am sorry, Fleurette, but it is funny. You are not the most sociable person."

"Whatever it is that you are doing go and have fun." Eleanor waved a hand at her. "I'll see you later."

"I'm just going to the opera house."

"Is that code word for: we are going for a walk in the park?" Felix smirked.

"You two are mean! Stop picking on me."