35

"You're here!" Meg exclaimed happily and charged from her seat on the stage to where Fleurette was walking casually down the aisle. A few seconds after darting off of the stage, Meg flung her arms around Fleurette and gave her a loose embrace.

"Hello, Meg. I did say I would come and visit you, didn't I?"

"No, actually you didn't say for sure." Meg wagged a finger up at her. "From what I remember you said you 'may pop in'." Meg used air quotations while raising an eyebrow up at Fleurette. The two stood staring at each other as seriously as they could before laughing lightly and smiling.

Madame Giry of course had to interrupt their moment and directed Meg to her place amongst the dancers. Fleurette and the older woman exchanged a look before Fleurette sat down in a seat and crossed her arms loosely. Regardless if Giry gave her the day off, Fleurette wasn't exactly going to listen to her. Her words wouldn't stop the redhead from visiting the ever stern woman's daughter. That and Fleurette genuinely missed Meg's company. She had been right in a small way, as dramatic as it sounded at the time, it was only them two left who weren't getting sidetracked with other things.

Fleurette rolled her eyes, by sidetracked she meant getting married. Or in Christine's case just generally being happy with her other half. When there was a brief break again, Meg skipped down the stage and to where Fleurette was sitting. "How's it going at home then, huh? Nearly finished all those annoying documents?" Fleurette fidgeted in the chair and nearly forgot the lie she had told Meg.

"Almost."

"You don't look too sure," Meg noted and sat down in the seat in front of hers. She let out a sigh and leaned her head against her hands. Shutting her eyes, the blonde seemed to enjoy the peace. Looking up at the ceiling and at the dancers who were idly chatting or sitting resting for a few moments, Fleurette also noted how it was quiet here. If anything Fleurette noticed how it was most likely the most quiet she's ever seen the opera house.

Usually there was so much noise and fuss, more fuss than the noise but even still, "Why is it so quiet?" Fleurette asked, Meg opened her eyes slowly and looked in her direction.

Leaning her head away from her hands she shrugged. That seemed to be Meg's answer, Fleurette didn't look too happy about that and leaned back in the chair. "Well," Meg paused. "Considering it is usually us two who make the most noise..." Meg trailed off, Fleurette looked at her and nodded slowly.

That was the one thing about the dance group rehearsals when compared to her own. Fleurette missed being in the group when she watched them all rehearsing, and then when they idly talked to each other. In all honesty, doing a solo was very lonely, Fleurette would be lying if she said she wasn't slightly nervous.

"Mother says your rehearsals are almost complete." Meg pipped up randomly, and thankfully breaking the silence which was slowly starting to get to Fleurette.

Frowning lightly, she looked around quickly and then at the blonde in front of her. "Really?"

"Yes," Meg smiled and clapped her hands together. "Then you can come back into the group!"

"I would like that."

"When said like that Fleur, it is like you are not grateful for being chosen to do a solo."

"Your mother never told you?" Fleurette took to twiddling a stray red curl, Meg looked confused and shook her head slowly. "It was meant to be a duet but Eleanor wasn't here to do it."

Meg looked troubled and drummed her fingers on the back of her chair, she briefly looked over her shoulder at her mother and then back at Fleurette. "Then why didn't she keep it a duet?"