33

The first day of being on her own was rather fun. Fleurette got to pretty much do whatever she wanted. The only time she got told otherwise was when she was practising with Giry. If her mind travelled and she spaced out, a cane would get hit against the stage. Leaning her head against her arms, Fleurette sighed. She was sitting in Erik's private box watching the dance group practise. It was fun actually to sit and watch them, that's not saying she didn't enjoy dancing amongst them. It was a little boring just sitting around waiting for her practise to start.

Her mind did wander to Eleanor and Felix and whether they were enjoying their trip away from the city. She also pondered where they went. Rubbing her eyes, Fleurette slouched back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling. Every so often she'd hear the familiar tapping sound of Giry's cane against the stage. There would also be some scolding words before the clonking sounds of pointe shoes hitting against the stage were heard.

Shutting her eyes Fleurette exhaled slowly, "It's a bit tedious, isn't it?" She opened her eyes and watched Erik sit next to her. She smiled, they had been spending a huge amount of time with each other, more so than usual.

Fleurette enjoyed being in his company a lot, unlike some other people there wasn't any need to press for a conversation. They could equally sit in the same space and sit in silence and it would be peaceful. Whereas with other people the silence would feel awkward. "Now I know why you hardly ever sit and watch the shows. You can equally see everything in these rehearsals."

"Only in these rehearsals we get to see everything which is going wrong. In the actual shows we see everything ironed out and perfect."

"I like seeing things go wrong."

"That's a little ominous of you, Fleurette." Erik frowned and looked at her, Fleurette was sitting with her eyes shut again and opened them slowly and looked at him.

"I didn't mean for it to! Honestly, I just meant...seeing what things go wrong are funny. But it's amazing to see the problems disappear when it's the time of the show." She explained herself quickly, he nodded slowly and raised an eyebrow at her. "Stop looking at me like that. I didn't mean it in an ominous way, I just worded it wrong. And you know it," she stuck her tongue out childishly and crossed her arms.

He shook his head slowly and crossed his arms loosely too, looking over the railing of the box, Erik watched the dancers flit off of the stage. It seemed like they were having a break. He pulled a face when Carlotta appeared, with her appearance he leaned back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling. He suddenly regretted venturing up. Fleurette raised an eyebrow at him and looked over the railing too. Much like him she pulled a face and leaned back against the chair.

"I believe we should leave," Fleurette stood up and walked out of the box. Erik didn't need to hear her words a second time to jump up and walk quickly after her. No sooner had they left and were walking down the quiet hallway did Carlotta's deafening singing echo throughout the space. Fleurette's reaction was to put her hands over her ears, Erik's reaction was a blank face and try his best to ignore her singing.

——

Kneeling down and tapping the laying figure on the shoulder, Erik tilted his head to the side confused when Fleurette lifted her head up from her arms and looked at him. "Are you all right?" Through all the odd people skills he had, Erik knew when something was genuinely up with someone. Especially if that someone was usually walking around smiling, laughing and talking nonstop.

Fleurette pushed herself up and looked quickly at the pillows and cushions she was laying on before looking at him. "Erik," she said quietly. "You will always be here, won't you?" Fleurette looked up at him with wide slightly teary eyes.