17

Yet again the opera house was amass of noise and activity. Fleurette sat in one of the seats with her arms crossed. In herself she felt fine, yet no one would allow her to join in. Apparently it would be safer if she just sat and watched everyone practise. Fleurette frowned, safer for whom? Herself of course, but the other dancers weren't in danger if she fell over from sudden strain. All she'd done was bump her head, sure she'd now been free from hospital for three days. But surely she was well enough to take part in rehearsals? She was desperate to get involved. Sitting and watching everyone was making her feel sad, not sad, depressed. Fleurette fidgeted in the seat and huffed a heavy sigh.

"Oh, someone sounds bored," a sudden voice said from the side of her, she jumped at the voice and looked up.

"Hello, Charles." Fleurette said bluntly while not moving, instead she lowered her eyes and looked back to the stage. Hearing a seat next to her creak, she quickly glanced at him. "What are you doing here?" She asked getting straight to the point. She couldn't figure out why he would come here, she'd never seen him in the theatre before. So what was he doing?

Charles didn't look at all effected by her blunt tone. If anything it looked like he hadn't even registered it. "Well I heard about your accident. I could not come and visit you while you were in the hospital, so I thought I should come and see you now that you're out." Charles smiled, Fleurette felt a little guilty. She gave him credit for his honesty. "How are you feeling?" She felt a little worse yet seems he was actually concerned.

"I am bored," she smiled. "I am not allowed to take part. I am apparently allowed to take part next week though." She rolled her eyes bitterly. "Because after a week has passed I am well enough then to join in. What use is that? I want to join in now."

"You are not a very patient woman are you?"

"No! Well," Fleurette put a hand to her chin in thought. "I can be, it just depends what it is I'm waiting for." Charles nodded and leaned back in the chair. Fleurette looked at him and then up at the stage. Eleanor had spotted the two of them and a childish smile spread on her face. Fleurette shook her head.

She didn't have the heart to confess to her sister that she had no romantic feelings towards Charles. After all, she had already told Eleanor of their first meeting. Fleurette rested her head against her hand, she could almost hear Eleanor rambling about Charles's persistence, and how cute it was to see a man interested in her younger sister. Actually that thought made her shudder. Fleurette looked at Charles, he seemed quite humble watching the rehearsals. Away from his father, and hers, Charles wasn't overly talkative and was actually rather quiet. The two sat in silence, Fleurette would look at him every so often.

Hearing Madame Giry call for a break, she tensed and watched her sister run off of the stage and in their direction. Oh God, Fleurette thought while her eyes watched her sister make her way over to them. She moved away from her hand and looked up at her.

"Hello there! You must be Charles, Fleurette told me about you." Eleanor smiled and tucked some of her hair behind her ears. Charles looked from one sister to the other. He seemed to be trying to figure out Eleanor's words and if she was being serious. "I'm Eleanor, I highly doubt she told you about me."

"No, she didn't," Charles smiled and stood up. "It's good to meet you, Eleanor."

"And you," Eleanor smiled and crossed her arms, sitting down in the row in front of them she nodded at the two. "Are you enjoying your visit?"

"Well I was only passing by and remembered Fleurette mentioning working here."

"It's nice to see my sister have company while we're rehearsing. Just means each time I look to her she doesn't look miserable." Eleanor stood back up and straightened her skirt out. "Thank you for keeping my sister company." Fleurette narrowed her eyes up at her. Eleanor was getting too much enjoyment out of this, had she completely forgotten Fleurette saying about their first meeting? More importantly: how little Fleurette had enjoyed said first meeting?