Chapter Three

After three dreadful weeks into Summer, my mother and father told me to pack all of my things because we would be going on a vacation. The thought of this intrigued me- my parents had never taken me on a vacation before. Before I attended Ilvermorny, they would take vacations without me, leaving me at home for months.

Part of me held suspicions though. They refused to tell me where we were going. I was just told to meet them downstairs in the kitchen at noon.

My eyes glance over to the analog clock in my bedroom. It was nearly a quarter after eleven and I was nowhere near finished packing my trunks. I groan miserably, glancing at Willow who just makes scratching noises from her cage.

"I have my clothes, my wand, my- Oh no! I won't be able to write to Grayson and Francesca anymore!" I say, the realization dawning upon me.

As I continue to gather up my things, the copy of Prophecies of the World rests idly on my desktop. I debate whether or not to bring it, then quickly opt to since it was a gift from Francesca. Maybe I'll find the time to read it if I get bored- after all, I'll be on vacation for an entire month!

"Amelia, come down this instant!" My father beckons from the kitchen. My eyes trail up to the clock again, as it is not even eleven thirty yet. Obediently, I close my suitcase, grab Willow's cage, and tuck my wand in my pocket. I exit my room and swiftly close the door behind me.

"Yes father?" I ask, trying to sound as nice as possible.

My parents both scowl at me. "Take the floo powder. We'll see you in London," My father says to me. The pair disappears seconds after, leaving me alone in the kitchen at home.

I sigh. "Goodbye America, see you next month."

******

The roaring of a train and the sound of English accents immediately indicate that I have used the floo powder correctly. Instead of finding myself in a chimney, however, I'm in a large manor standing next to my parents.

My mother sends me a distasteful look. "Amelia, you look absolutely awful, do something with your hair quickly," She says, looking me up and down.

I avert my eyes away from her in order to avoid giving her a death glare. I try so hard to love my mother, but she makes it nearly impossible.

Quickly, I run my fingers through my strawberry blonde hair, attempting to rid myself of the few knots that have encompassed themselves in my hair. I repeat this action a few more times until I am able to run my hands through my hair without issue.

"Charles! Edeline!" A feminine voice says loudly, coming down the hallway to greet us. The woman has blonde hair that's brown on top, pale skin, and red lipstick. She's a tall and slim woman, just like my mother. She greets both of my parents with a formal hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Oh and you must be Amelia! I've heard so much about you!" She says, surprising me with an embrace as well. I awkwardly wrap my arms around her and return the embrace.

"Er- you have?" I ask into her shoulder.

"Of course! You think I don't know about my Goddaughter?" She asks, smiling at me. I glance curiously at my parents, who are avoiding my gaze.

I have a Godmother? I bite my lip, an abyss of thoughts entering my curious mind. I wonder if I have a Godfather. I'm surprised I've never met Narcissa before, she seems like a wonderful person. It's a shame she is acquainted with my parents, they are such cruel people.

"Amelia, this is Narcissa Malfoy," My mother introduces me. The woman in front of me is still beaming, clearly unbothered that I was just learning of her identity now.

"Is Lucius here?" My father asks, completely ignoring my mother and I.

Narcissa looks over at me quickly before pursing her lips and turning to my parents. "He's at a Ministry meeting," She tells them before turning to me. "Amelia, did you know I have a son your age? He's upstairs in his room if you'd like to meet him."

I am most definitely not interested in meeting her son, but I know it is her kindly hinting at me to leave and to let the adults talk. Therefore, I force a friendly smile. "I would love to. Thank you, Mrs. Malfoy," I say, earning the approving nods of my parents.

Narcissa smiles at me. "Call me, Narcissa!"

I nod, accepting her request. "Narcissa."

On that note, I quickly exit the room and walk up the large staircase. The mansion is much larger than I had presumed, it is roughly around a third size of Ilvermorny, and Ilvermorny was enormous. At the top of the stairs, I am met with an array of different doors. Finding Narcissa's son would be much more difficult than I had thought.

I opt to enter the first door on my right, which happens to be a large library with shelves of books from the floor to the ceiling. In the center of the room is a large desk, with a number of quills and pieces of parchment atop.

I first decide to go towards the shelves on the left of the room. The books are covered in dust, and look like they haven't been read in centuries. I reluctantly pull out a book with a navy blue spine. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is written on the cover in beautiful gold writing.

Cautiously, I open the book and immediately notice dust covering the entirety of the pages. This book mustn't have been read in years. I quickly return the book to its original spot before I cough up dust.

Hesitantly, I walk toward the desk and examine the pieces of parchment. Upon one of the envelopes is a name, Lucius A. Malfoy, written neatly in the center.

I brush the envelope to the side where I immediately notice a photograph in a ebony colored frame.

Narcissa is standing on the right of the photograph, next to a middle aged man with platinum blonde hair that goes slightly past his shoulders. I assume the man is her husband. In the center of the photo, seated on a chair, is a teenage boy with an identical shade of hair as the husband parted down the middle. Both Narcissa and her husband have one hand placed on the boys shoulder. I can't help but notice their faces are all morphed into a frown.

"Who are you and what are you doing?" A voice asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Instinctively, I drop the photograph and whip out my wand. I turn around, expecting to come face to face with someone who will murder me, but I'm surprised at who I come to look at.

The boy from the photograph, Narcissa's son.

-

Sorry this chapter is a little short😬 Once she gets to Hogwarts we'll be chillin tho :)