Chapter Thirty Three

The couples within Hogwarts seemed to be multiplying on the daily. First, Draco and Pansy. Then, Cedric and Cho and Blaise and Daphne. Even Ginny Weasley had gotten a boyfriend — Michael Corner, from Ravenclaw.

I'd been spending a lot of time with Harry, Ron, and Hermione as well as the Slytherin girls and the Weasley twins. Pansy had become cold to me for an apparent reason, but I had never really liked her to begin with.

"There's so much lovey dovey stuff going on," I tell Blair as we walk to Care of Magical Creatures together. It's been about three weeks since the second task and the glory that I had received from it was short lived. At first, I was crowded by many students asking what it was like in the water. Now, the interest had faded.

"Er — about that — there's something I've been meaning to tell you," Blair tells me awkwardly.

I stop in my tracks. "Don't tell me you have a boyfriend also? Is it George Weasley? He hasn't mentioned anything to me but —"

Blair cuts me off. "No, I'm not dating George Weasley!" She exclaims. "You know the book I've been reading from you? Prophecies of the World?"

I nod unbeknownst. "Yes . . . why?"

She sighs. "There was a prophecy I was reading about and I think you should see it for yourself."

Blair opens her — my — book and begins to read:

On the 5th of June, in the year 1980, two souls will be joined as one.

A boy- powerful and cunning, yet plagued by the demons that surround him.

A girl- clever and noble, but broken by the people who were meant to love her the most.

These two souls, once aware of their heightened power, will be forced to ally with the greater good and turn against their own. If driven apart, they will succumb to their own demons.

These two souls together will have the abilities to defeat the greatest wizard of their time.

"Give me that!" I exclaim immediately, tugging the book out of her hands and reading it for myself.

"Amelia, you don't understand! You were born on the fifth of June! Do you know who else you share a birthday with? On the same year?" She inquires.

"D-Draco," I say softly, amazed.

"Yes! Your families are friends, right? Maybe you two are the prophecy! You two can defeat he who must not be named!" Blair announces to me.

My head feels dizzy as I try and process all of this new information. "I appreciate your concern, Blair, but there's no way that this is true. And please, don't tell anyone until I figure this out, okay?" I ask her, before walking off in the opposite direction.

"But — Amelia! We have Care of Magical Creatures!"

"Don't bother, I'm skipping!" I yell back over my shoulder, before running back into the castle and to the comforts of the Slytherin Common Room.

This explains why Draco and I can't use magic on each other. But it couldn't be true — could it?

******