Chapter Sixty Three

Harry continues to sob and try to break out of Lupin's arms. Dumbledore has a cluster of Death Eaters restrained by some sort of invisible ropes. I try my hardest to stand up and help the others but Sirius' death leaves me sobbing on my knees.

"Harry, I'm really sorry. He was a dear man, Sirius Black, was he a friend of yours?" Neville asks, his legs still dancing uncontrollably.

"Finite," Lupin says, drawing his wand. "Let's find the others, where are they Neville?"

Before Neville could respond, a loud bang occurred. The Death Eaters scramble to run away and Harry holds out his wand, ready to perform a spell on Bellatrix who is already halfway up the steps.

"Harry, no!" I cry, standing up and clinging onto him. I pull him down slightly so that his spell doesn't hit the Death Eater.

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS! SHE KILLED HIM!" Harry cries, forcing himself out of my grip. "I'LL KILL HER!" And he runs, scrambling up the stairs.

"Harry!" I yell.

"Colloportus!" He screams, sealing the door shut behind him so that none of us can follow him. He knows exactly what he is doing is dangerous.

A vision of Voldemort, Dumbledore, and Harry crowd my brain and I sigh in relief — I trust Dumbledore the most to keep Harry safe.

"L-Lupin, he's with Dumbledore," I say, groaning in pain and falling back onto the floor.

Lupin rushes over to me. "You're the one Sirius has been telling me about . . . the one with the visions."

I nod, too weak to say more.

"But — how? The two of us knew your mother quite well, and she was just a witch. She had no abilities. And your father . . . whom is he?" Lupin asks.

"Charles Grey," I say so quietly it could be a whisper.

Lupin purses his lips. "He's nothing but a regular wizard as well. How do you see these visions?"

"H-Harry thinks I have a connection with Voldemort," I whisper to Lupin. It's terrifying to think that Voldemort is in the other room right this second. Another searing pain courses through my body.

Lupin doesn't know what to say, but nods.

My body takes over for me and I see black.

******

I stir in my sleep, clutching onto the warm blankets for much needed comfort. The pain has subdued tremendously, leaving my body sore and weak.

"Amelia," A voice says.

"Sirius?" I ask quietly. "Have I died also?"

"No, you haven't died! Open your eyes," The same voice says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Tentatively, I open my eyes. I haven't died. I'm not in heaven. Somehow, I've managed to return to Malfoy Manor throughout the entirety of this. Draco sits at the edge of my bed, staring at me with his intense silver eyes. His face lacks emotion.

"Draco?" I ask him. "What happened? How did we get here? Are you okay?"

Draco rolls his eyes. "My father's in Azkaban. It's all Potter's fault, if he hadn't —"

"You know what your father did wasn't right," I say gently, trying not to upset him.

"My father is the one who defended you, Amelia. He told the Dark Lord you weren't there last night. He knew the Dark Lord would be angry with you if he had known you were there and he lied to save you!" Draco whispers, his voice rising but his face remaining stoic and calm.

"We still have two weeks of the semester," I argue. "What are we doing back here so early? We're going to miss the end of the year feast," I say.

"That's all you care about, right?" Draco says. "The world is changing. We are going to have to do things we never thought we'd want to do. And all you care about is a stupid feast? You're in for a horrible awakening, Amelia," He adds.

"What do you mean?" I ask skeptically.

He shakes his head. "Nothing."

I sit up. "Is it alright if I went downstairs? To talk to my parents and your mother?"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. They're still hysteric over my father going to Azkaban. They don't blame you, of course — they still have no clue that you were there," Draco assures me.

"Draco," I say nervously, letting the words flow out of my mouth. "We need to start working together. If that prophecy — If that prophecy is true than it is up to us to fight for what is right," I tell him.

"I don't know what your definition of 'good' is but I will remain loyal to my family," Draco responds. "I think you need to as well."

And with that, he exits the bedroom.

I sigh, wondering how my friends are doing. Draco would've told me if any of them had died or gotten seriously hurt, right?

And Bellatrix Lestrange — the terrifying, psychotic Death Eater that had murdered Sirius Black without a second thought. She's in Azkaban with Lucius. But she's Draco's aunt . . . would I be seeing her soon? Would she recognize me and out me to Voldemort?

To free my mind, I stand up and walk over to my desk. Willow has left a collection of letters for me.

Dear Amelia,

I heard what happened last night and I wrote to you IMMEDIATELY. Are you alright? I'm honestly a little jealous that you were able to — actually never mind, I shouldn't have written that. God, these quills need to get erasers or something. We're magical and don't have a spell to remove ink?

Anyways, I wish you the best recovery and I hope you're doing all right. Mom says I can visit you once you're feeling better.

With love, Grayson

My heart warms at the words of Grayson. Throughout the chaos of this year, I had forgotten that he was still my best friend, even when no one else had cared about me.

The clouds play upon the blue sky and I lean back on the bed, closing my eyes but not falling asleep.

Everything will be all right in the end, but for now I just need to take it one step at a time.

So OOTP is finished aw. . . now all we have to write is the Summer before HBP, HBP, and Deathly Hallows

Things are going to go muchhhh quicker now!!