Chapter Thirty Seven

"You are in luck, Wormtail. You are very fortunate indeed. Your blunder has not ruined everything. He is dead," A cold high pitched voice says to a short, balding man.

"My Lord! I am so pleased . . . and I am so sorry. Forgive me, My Lord. . ."

"Nagini, you are out of luck. I will not be feeding Wormtail to you after all. But nevermind, there is still Harry Potter . . ."

The snake hisses. "Now, Wormtail. Perhaps one more little reminder why I will not tolerate another blunder from you . . ."

"My Lord . . . No! . . . I beg you,"

The tip of a wand emerges from the back of a chair. "Crucio!" The voice bellows.

Wormtail screams, as pain exerts through every limb of his body.

"Amelia! Amelia!"

I open my eyes. I'm lying on the couch of the Slytherin Common Room, surrounded by worried faces. My body had been in so much pain that my eyes had began to water. Even cold hearted Draco Malfoy has a perplexed look on his face.

"Are you all right?" Blair asks me, her eyebrows knitted together in sheer confusion and worry.

"Of course she isn't!" Daphne snaps. "Was it a nightmare, Amelia?" She asks me.

"Oh, don't be daft!" Zabini scolds his girlfriend. "It's noon and she passed out mid conversation. It must've been some sort of psychic vision. Are you a seer?" He asks, turning to me with wide brown eyes.

"Er — it was just a bad headache," I lie. "I'll go to the hospital wing and I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will take care of it," I assure the Slytherins.

"I'll come with you," Draco says.

"But —" I start. I am not actually intending on going to the hospital wing.

"Wouldn't want you passing out again or anything, right?" He asks smoothly, gently grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the exit. "Don't worry about us, we'll be back shortly," He tells the Slytherins.

I mumble in defense, but he continues to walk with me out of the common room and down the corridor.

"So, what was that Grey? You mentioned something about the Dark Lord and I must say that I'm quite curious," Draco says, releasing my arm.

I roll my eyes. "Of course that's why you chose to escort me," I tell him angrily. "You can never do anything nice . . . and for your information, even if I did see something about Voldemort, I would never tell you —"

Before I can finish my sentence, Draco pins me against the wall, with each hand on one of my wrists. "Don't say that word, again," He hisses to me.

"Say what -?" I ask confused. "Oh, Voldemort?"

"I'm serious, Grey," He growls. "That man can destroy you and have no mercy with it. I know you think you're invincible because you're friends with Potter, but you're not, so don't be stupid," He snaps.

With that, he releases his grip on me as we continue to walk down the corridor in silence.

"Is that why you came with me? To lecture me about talking about V- I mean, He Who Must Not Be Named?" I ask him, my anger building up. "That's all you ever want, Malfoy. Whatever happened to the boy who cleaned my dress and took me to the Astronomy Tower roof? I miss that Draco," I retort angrily, quickening my pace and speeding in front of me.

"Amelia, I —" He starts, looking guilty.

"Just leave me alone," I respond, storming off.

I don't go to the hospital wing, however. Instead I seclude myself to the comforts of the library, where I will gladly stay until it is time for my next lesson. However, what I wasn't expecting was to see an all too familiar face.

"Amelia?" Cedric asks.

"Merlin, I see you everywhere," I complain.

Cedric grins. "I guess that's your sign that it's time for us to be friends again," He says, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I truly am sorry, you know, for acting like a git and all to you. You didn't  deserve that," He tells me.

I smile at him softly. "It's okay. Don't beat yourself up over it, you have more important things to worry about. Your final task is approaching," I tell him.

The final task, which is just a few weeks away, is a maze task. The champions will have to race to see who can make it to the center of a labyrinth first.

Cedric glances at me. "Can I be truthful with you for a moment?" He asks me, his cheeks turning red.

"Er — of course you can, Cedric."

"The reason I became so upset with you is because I wasn't honest with myself at the time. I have feelings for you and Cho, and when you were my hostage it just all came rushing back. I know I sound terrible saying it, but it's the truth," Cedric blurts.

I open my mouth in surprise. I was certainly not expecting Cedric to randomly pronounce his feelings for me in the library. I was most certainly not.

"Say something, Amelia. Anything."

I sigh. "Cedric. . . it doesn't matter what I think. You're dating Cho and you two are so happy together. You can't fancy two girls at once." I fidget awkwardly from where I'm standing.

Cedric rubs his forehead. "I'm the biggest arse alive, aren't I?" He asks me.

"No, of course not! You're a teenager and it's normal," I assure him. "You're just conflicted — it happens," I add for extra measure.

Cedric nods. "Well, there's been something that I've always wanted to do . . .," He tells me.

To my great surprise, he grabs my face with his hands and leans in for a kiss. And this time, Draco or anyone else isn't present to pull him away before it's too late. The kiss happens so fast that I can't even register what's happening before it's too late.

"Cedric?" I ask quietly, looking up at him.

"I'll see you around, Amelia," He tells me. And with that, he stalks out of the library leaving me dumbfounded.

WOAH. Well that's one way to leave off.  It's TWO IN THE FRICKING MORNING RIGHT NOW. I need to sleep.

Goodnight lovies! Don't forget to vote, I still have 0 votes on this :(