Chapter Sixty

"Draco!" I scream desperately, running into the dormitory. As usual, Draco is sat on the couch in front of the fireplace with a book in his hands. He looks up at me quickly, eyes wide, before standing up.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He asks, genuinely surprised at my terrified tone.

Without words, I grab his arm and pull him into the closet where we first discovered we couldn't curse each other. I close the door behind me and walk up to him rapidly.

"Woah, Grey, if you wanted to snog —"

"There's a prophecy. And I think it's about us."

Draco's eyebrows knit together. "Wait, what?"

I take a deep breath. "Last year, Blair was reading and she saw a prophecy. It was about a girl and a boy born on the fifth of June in nineteen eighty. And how they need to join together. And if they join together, they can defeat the most power — Voldemort. We can defeat Voldemort. I need your help."

"How do you know the prophecy is about us?" He asks me seriously, not entirely rejecting my theory.

"I don't. But it's a risk we have to take. Sirius Black is being tortured by Voldemort and —"

"I'm not going."

"Er — what? Draco, please! You have to put aside your differences with Harry. This is for the good of all wizards! You're not evil, you're not!" I cry.

"I'm sorry, Amelia. I can't risk anything. The Dark Lord is already displeased as it is, I can't further anger him or my family will be at stake. I don't think it's safe for you to go either," Draco says, looking extremely guilty at the moment. "Besides, we don't know if the prophecy is true. If we do go and try to defeat the Dark Lord, it can backfire."

I gape at him. "You're unbelievable! A man's life is at stake and you're worried about angering Voldemort? You're just like your father," I spit at him.

"Amelia, I —"

"I need to go," I respond curtly.

"Wait! Umbridge has your friends. I have to go up there now, too. Use a disarming spell on her and get the hell out of there. I'll do what I can," Draco gulps.

I wrap my arms around him instinctively. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaim. He leaves and I wait a few moments before exiting the closet and sprinting back upstairs to Umbridge's office.

Sure enough, Umbridge was there with the members of her Inquisitorial Squad. My friends were all restrained by Slytherins and Draco takes a hold of me once I reach the group.

Unlike the other Slytherins who are holding the Gryffindors and Luna tightly, Draco has his arms loosely around mine, knowing the plan.

"You wanted to see me Headmistress?" Snape asks, standing inside of the doorway.

"Ah, Professor Snape. Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can please," Professor Umbridge says sweetly.

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter," Snape drawls. "Surely you didn't use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient . . ."

"You can make some more, can't you?"

"Certainly," Snape says, curling his lip. "It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in a month," He says smoothly.

With that, Snape turns to walk away.

"He's got Padfoot!" Harry cries. "At the place where it's hidden! He's got Padfoot!"