Chapter Eighteen

Fred and George Weasley are infamously known throughout Hogwarts. I've only known them for two months and the chaos they bring to the school is indescribable. While the duo always seems to be the instigator of these events, their third friend, Lee Jordan, always finds himself involved as well.

I haven't spoken to either of them since I first met them on the Hogwarts Express, so I truly have no idea why Fred is beckoning me to come join them.

"Excuse me," I say, standing up from my seat and exiting the Slytherin table. They're all so busy in conversation that no one seems to see me exit.

"Surprised you haven't forgotten about me," I joke, sliding in the empty seat next to Fred.

Fred pats my head. "How could we forget our favorite Slytherin?" He asks me.

"Freddy, stop flirting! We have business to discuss with you, Grey," George says, slapping the back of Fred's head teasingly. Fred moans in pain and rubs the back of his head.

I raise an eyebrow. "And what is this business you speak of?" I ask, looking between George and Lee who are across from me right now.

Lee clears his throat. "Well, you see, my two friends want to create an Aging Potion to enter the tournament. We've never learned how to create the Aging Potion-"

"- But, I heard that the Aging Potion is taught to second years at Ilvermorny. So, Amelia, you are the only person who knows how to create one," Fred finishes, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh no," I say, standing up. "I am not helping you guys illegally enter the tournament! It's for seventeen year olds for a reason!"

Fred quickly grabs my wrist and pulls me back down. "Please?? I'll do your History of Magic homework for the rest of the term," He begs.

"Deal," I agree quickly. "Meet me in the Potions classroom at six o'clock this evening," I instruct.

This is going to be a disaster.

******

Six o'clock rolls by soon enough and I find myself in the Potions classroom with Fred and George. Professor Snape is conversing with Professor Karkaroff (I had checked earlier). I was able to escape the Slytherin Common Room pretty secretly, except for Malfoy who had suspected me of being up to no good even before I had left. Much to my gratitude, he didn't give me a hard time about leaving.

"I didn't think you would show up," George says.

"I don't make promises I can't keep," I say, taking out a vial to put the potion is. "Now — I'm just saying — there's a very good chance that Dumbledore won't be fooled by your silly aging potion," I inform them.

"Yeah, yeah, Granger told us the same thing," Fred says, waving his hand in disinterest. "It doesn't hurt to try. I could always end up rich if I win," He adds, winking at me.

"There are four ingredients to the aging potion," I tell the trio. I reach into the cabinet and take out the ingredients one by one. "Newt spleens, bananas, horned slugs, and porcupine quills," I say.

Lee Jordan makes a face. "That's repulsive." The twins murmur in agreement.

"Do you want to have an aging potion or not?" I snap.  That shuts them all up.

"First," I instruct. "Two bananas."

Fred and George each take a banana and place it in. "Are you sure this will be enough for the three of us?" George asks me hesitantly.

"Only a sip will suffice," I tell them. I'm dreadful at potions, but that is simple information.

"Next, three porcupine quills."

They place that in. I tell them the amount of horned slugs and newt spleens to add, and about ten minutes later the ingredients have transformed into a green liquid.

"Woah," The twins and Lee say in amazement.

I'm unexpectedly engulfed in a four way hug seconds later, forcing an Mmph sound out of me.

"This is why you're my favorite Slytherin," Fred says cheekily, causing my cheeks to burn.

Lee rolls his eyes. "She's the only likable person in Slytherin!" He argues back.

Fred nods. "Exactly."

The three of them take a small sip of the potion, before we quickly exit the Potions classroom and return to the Great Hall. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are there in addition to twenty or so people.

The four of us catch up to the trio. "Done it," Fred says in a triumphant whisper to them. "Just taken it."

Ron squints. "What?"

"The Aging Potion, dung brains. Amelia helped us make it," Fred says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder in a proud tone.

"One drop each," George says, rubbing his hands with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."

"They're going to split the thousand Galleons between them if one of them wins," I say, rolling my eyes at the excited sixth years.

Hermione hesitates. "I'm not sure if this is going to work, you know. I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this," She says, crossing her arms.

Fred, George, and Lee ignore her.

"Ready?" Fred asks his twin and Lee. "C'mon then — I'll go first." He pulls a piece of paper out from his robes with the words Fred Weasley: Hogwarts written on it. Fred approaches the age line, rocking on his toes like he is about to do something incredible.

With the eyes of every person on him, he takes a step forward. For a split second, it worked. George lets out a triumphant yell and jumped in also. Just then, there was a loud sizzle and the twins flopped back before the line.

Fred and George have grown BEARDS.

The entrance hall rings with laughter. I double over, clutching my side, unable to control my giggles. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Lee are also the same. Even Fred and George laugh when they see each other's beards.

"I did warn you," Dumbledore says in an amused tone, coming out of the Great Hall. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett of Ravenclaw and Mr. Summers of Hufflepuff, both of whom had decided to age themselves up too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

The four of us continue to howl with laughter as the twins and Lee set off to go to the hospital wing.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione opt to visit Hagrid down by the Forbidden Forest. Hermione is apparently forming an organization called SPEW— it has something to do with house elves, I'm not too sure.

I, however, sit with the Slytherins for breakfast, determined to keep my gleeful smile.

Note: The Aging Potion is a lesson taught by Professor Snape to fourth years. For the purpose of this story line, however, the potion is not included in the Hogwarts curriculum.

Also- we needed a Fred & George chapter I missed writing about them🥺