Chapter Fifty Two

It was well past midnight when I had decided that I needed to apologize to Ron and make things right. I had managed to coerce the password to the Gryffindor Common Room. I knew Harry, Ron, and Hermione would be the only ones awake so I figured that this would be the perfect time.

"Mimbulus Mimbletonia!" I whisper to the portrait of the Fat Lady outside of the North Tower.

She eyes me skeptically. "I must be mistaken because you are a Slytherin. Slytherins have no reason to be in the Gryffindor Common Room, especially at this hour," She tells me.

I sigh. "I know . . . I really need to talk to my friends. Er — we got into a little fight today and I have to make it up to them," I confess, breathing a little.

The Fat Lady huffs. "That isn't convincing at all. But, alas, you have twenty minutes before I scream."

The door swings open and I enter the Gryffindor Common Room only to find Harry, Ron, Hermione sat by the fireplace. Harry's uncle's head is in the fireplace, casually talking to the trio.

"Amelia?" Hermione asks, as she is the first to notice me. "How did you even get in here?"

"Get out, Amelia," Ron snarls, standing in front of the fireplace to cover Sirius' head.

"No — let her stay," Sirius interjects. "Come here."

I step forward, so that I'm in his eyesight.

"You're Edeline's girl? You look exactly like your mother."

I gasp. "You — You know my mother?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. Harry, Ron, and Hermione look just as shocked as I do.

"Of course, I do. Your mother and I dated for quite a long time. Before she cheated on me with — well, that's a story for another time," He chuckles. "How're things?" Sirius asks the four of us.

"Not that good," Harry confesses. "The Ministry's forced through another decree, which means we're not allowed to have Quidditch teams —"

" — or a secret Defense Against the Dark Arts group?" Sirius inquires.

There's a pause. The trio looks at me with panicked expressions. I try my hardest to not look like I was hurt by the new information. That's the big secret that they decided to keep from me.

The trio talks to Sirius for a bit longer, while I fall into my own world. I don't want to lash out on them with Harry's uncle present. They also mention something about an Order — another secret they've undoubtedly been keeping from me.

What really hurts is that they don't notice me leave.

******

The rest of the week passes by, and by Friday the trio still hasn't said a word to me. The fact that they would throw away a friendship over something they did baffles me.

Our first Quidditch match was today against Gryffindor. I've been told that the Slytherins are by far the best Quidditch team — with the exception of Harry as a Seeker. The strangest thing about Quidditch is that a Seeker can make or break the team.

"Hey, Grey," Draco calls to me at breakfast on Friday morning. "Check this out, will you?"

The two of us have been surprisingly civil ever since our little moment where we'd decided to put aside our differences and become 'friends.' We were nowhere near friends, but I didn't mind making conversation with him when I had to.

Draco holds up a badge in a crown-shape with the words Weasley is our King upon them.

"Want one?" He asks me, smirking.