Chapter Twenty

There's no applause for Harry. Even the teachers look stunned. Hermione and Ron gently nudge Harry to enter the chamber with the other three champions. Once Harry disappears, the students are dismissed. The lively chatter has turned into small gossipy murmurs.

I leave the Hufflepuffs to join the Slytherins. I easily join between Zabini and Blair, with Draco and his two goons just a few feet in front of us.

"Of course Potter has to go and make everything about himself," Draco mutters angrily.

I can't help but agree with Draco. Yes, I know there is no way that Harry could have put his name in the Goblet but somehow things always seemed to revolve around him. He was a magnet for trouble.

"I wonder who put Harry's name in the Goblet," I whisper to Blair, who's nose is in a book.

She shrugs. "Probably just some prank by a seventh year," She informs me logically. I nod, but I'm not completely convinced at her theory.

"Blair — is that my book?" Millicent asks, stepping towards us. Blair's book, Potions 101, has Millicent's messy but familiar handwriting on the back of it.

Blair shrugs. "I got bored of reading library books."

Her and Millicent start to bicker, so I turn my attention to Zabini. "What do you think about the Triwizard Tournament?" I ask, trying to get his opinion on the situation as well.

Zabini shrugs. "I'm too worried about Quidditch tryouts Friday to care," He tells me honestly.

"T-There's Quidditch tryouts Friday?" I ask suspiciously. That's odd, I was never informed that Quidditch teams were starting up again.

Zabini's eyes flash with worry. "Er— no! Did I say quidditch? I mean, quilting! For, er, knitting club!"

"Blaise Zabini, you are an awful liar!" I exclaim. "Why aren't you allowed to tell me about Quidditch tryouts? Is it Malfoy?" I hound him.

Zabini gives me a fearful glance before sprinting in the opposite direction. I roll my eyes. What an idiot.

"Amelia! What should I wear for the party tonight? Green for Slytherin or yellow for Cedric?" Daphne asks me urgently, grabbing my arm and walking next  to me. I notice that she's gone a bit heavier on her makeup today — I wonder why.

"Er— what party?" I ask awkwardly.

"You didn't hear? There's a party tonight in the Slytherin common room to celebrate Harry Potter getting chosen for the Triwizard Tournament! Draco is organizing it. I heard some of the Quidditch boys were able to smuggle in some butter beer."

I roll my eyes and look at Draco, who's currently telling everyone how he would definitely beat Harry in a 1v1 quidditch match. "Why would Draco be organizing a celebration party for Harry? He hates him," I ask Daphne.

Daphne giggles. "Amelia, you're so daft. We aren't celebrating Harry being the second Hogwarts champion, we are celebrating because he will probably get injured or die during the tournament! Well, I hope he doesn't die. But it would be quite funny to see him get hurt, don't you think?" She asks me, tossing a strand of her bleach blonde hair over her shoulder.

My stomach churns at the disgusting thought. "No thanks, I'll pass," I tell her.

"Oh, Amelia, you have to come! Everyone in Slytherin will be there! It'll be weird if you don't go," Daphne informs me.

I shrug, "Fine I'll be there. But don't expect me to talk cruelly of Harry."

******

Since there's about two hours before the party begins, I make my way up to the library and decide to write to my friends. I even have a change of heart and decide that I'll write a quick letter to my parents as well. The library is empty, except for Madam Pince of course. All the other students are presumably enjoying their Halloween.

I take out a piece of parchment and decide that I'll write a letter to Grayson first. After about twenty minutes, I have written both Grayson's and Francesca's and now it's time to write my parents.

Dear mother and father,

I'm so sorry I haven't written you earlier. Hogwarts is so busy. There's a Triwizard Tournament ongoing and I've met Viktor Krum, the Seeker for the Bulgaria International Team.

I was sorted into Slytherin. I hope you two are proud of me. I've even made a few friends in Slytherin.

I'll see you two for the Christmas holidays.

Amelia

Willow gladly takes my letters, happy to finally deliver some for me. I stretch my limbs and stand up. It must be time for the party to begin.

The walk to the dungeons is short and I immediately hear loud music from the doors. I don't hesitate to enter the Common Room and it's crowded with dancing students who are drinking butterbeer.

"Amelia! You're here!!!" Daphne slurs, giving me a friendly hug. I can tell the butterbeer is affecting her already. "I just snogged Zabini — you missed it!"

I roll my eyes at her obsession with snogging boys. "I'm so happy for you," I tell the beaming girl sarcastically. She's oblivious to my utter sarcasm and flashes me a happy smile.

I walk up to Zabini, who is talking with Graham Montague, Adrian Pucey, and Miles Bletchley. I recognize the three older boys from the Quidditch team but I've never spoken to either of them.

"Zabini, we need to talk. I didn't forget about our conversation earlier," I say, eyeing the three older boys who are smirking with butterbeers in their hands.

"Ah, Zabini, you never told me you had a beautiful friend," Miles Bletchley says, turning to me with a flirtatious smile. "I'm Miles Bletchley, and you are?"

I roll my eyes. "I need to talk to Blaise."

Miles laughs. "You've got yourself a fiesty one, Zabini," He says, nudging Blaise so hard that some of his butterbeers pours over his cup. Zabini grabs my arm and pulls me to a corner, looking completely uninterested.

"What do you want Amelia?"

"You know why I'm here, Zabini," I say, crossing my arms over my chest impatiently. "Why don't I know about Quidditch tryouts? Why is it some sort of secret?" I demand.

Zabini looks over to Adrian, Miles, and Graham tenderly. "Er — Montague doesn't want any girls attending. He knows you're the only girl who would have the balls to attend so —"

I cut him off. "I'll see you on Friday at tryouts. And if they ask how I found out, you can be the one to tell them," I tell him indignantly.

—-

Hi!! So I finally made this book public! Obviously it is still in progress but :))