Chapter Thirty Five

The twins and I work tirelessly to create a devious prank; Ton Tongue Toffees. When consumed, the tongue swells to four feet in size. They give me around fifty beans, which I can use to my own desire. I decide to play it safe and hold the beans for when I really need it.

I join Harry, Ron, and Hermione on Sunday afternoon to visit Dobby, one of the house elves, and give him some socks. Apparently Dobby gave Harry the gillyweed when he completed the second task.

While Harry gives Dobby his socks, Hermione gently pulls my arm and walks with me over to the fire, where another house elf sits. Hermione is acquainted with quite a few house elves because of her SPEW organization.

The poor house elf sits by the fire, covered in charcoal. She sways from side to side on a stool, with a butterbeer in her hand.

"Winky is going through six bottles a day now," Dobby whispers loudly to Harry and I.

"Well, it's not strong that stuff," Harry says.

"For a house elf it might be," I say, looking back at Winky who is no larger than three feet tall.

"Hey Winky," Harry asks deviously. "You don't know where Mr. Crouch be, do you? Because he's stopped coming to judge the Triwizard Tournament."

Winky focuses her enormous pupils on Harry. "M-Master is stopped coming?" She blubbers.

"Yeah, we haven't seen him since the first task. The Daily Prophet is saying he's ill," Harry responds.

"Master — is ill?"

"Well, we're not sure if that's true," Hermione says quickly, glaring at Harry for a few seconds.

"Master is trusting Winky with his most important — his most secret," Winky says, her bottom lip trembling. "Winky keeps her master's secrets. You are nosing, you are," She says, shaking her head.

Dobby fumes angrily. "Do not talk like that to Harry Potter! Harry Potter is brave and noble and not nosy!" He says, shaking a finger at Winky.

Just then, Winky tumbles off the stool and nearly passes out. The house elves scramble to cover Winky neatly with a table.

"We is sorry you had to see that, sirs and missus!" A nearby elf squeaks whilst shaking his head. "We is hoping you will not judge us all by Winky!"

"She's unhappy!" Hermione snaps. "Why don't you try and cheer her up instead of covering her up?"

"Begging your pardon, miss," A house elf says. "House elves have no right to be unhappy when there is work to be done and masters to be served."

"Oh, listen to me! You've got just as much right as wizards to be happy! You've got the right to wages and holidays and proper clothes, you don't have to do everything you're told — look at Dobby!" Hermione cries exasperatedly.

The house elves crowd together, pushing us by the smalls of our backs out of the kitchen.

"Thank you for the socks, Harry Potter!" Dobby calls miserably from the hearth, where he stands next to the lumpy tablecloth that is Winky.

"You couldn't keep your mouth shut, could you, Hermione?!" Ron says angrily, as the kitchen door slams shut behind us. "They won't want us visiting now! We could've tried to get more stuff out of Winky about Crouch!"

"Oh as if you care about that!" She scoffs. "You're only here for the free food!"

Hermione and Ron continue bickering, making the situation quite irritable, so the four of us split ways. Harry goes to the Owelery to contact Percy Weasley, something about Crouch, while I go to the Quidditch pitch slightly early before practice begins.

******

Quidditch has been anticlimactic this year to say the least — the Interhouse Quidditch Cup has been cancelled, as well as typical matches. The only Quidditch games we have are informal scrimmages arranged by the students with no referees. Montague insists that we continue practicing weekly, however.

I've gotten to be quite good as a Chaser. I maneuver easily around the pitch and dodge the Bludger every time with ease. Even Pucey, who always seems to have a foul comment about a girl playing Quidditch, has nothing awful to say to me.

The rest of the boys seem to have gotten used to me, especially once they figured out how skilled I was at the game. Once Bletchley graduates, I can take his spot as Keeper, which is a position I'd really love to have one day.

"Amelia!" Bletchley calls, once he sees me approach the pitch with my broomstick. "Why are you here nearly an hour early?" He's the only one on the pitch other than me, decked in his Quidditch robes as well.

I shrug. "I had nothing else to do. What about you? I could be asking you the same question." I say cheekily, smirking at the boy.

Bletchley grins. "I always come here early to practice," He tells me seriously. "I'm going for Captain next year and I have to be the fastest on the team to have a chance," He adds.

I purse my lips and nod. "Ah," I say. "Well I didn't come here just to chat with you, you know. I'll race you around the pitch!" I say, mounting my broom and accelerating, giving me a head start.

"Hey — no fair!" Bletchley calls from below me, mounting his broom and flying up to reach me as well. At first, he playfully tries to chase me before it develops into a full on race around the entire castle.

The two of us dash around on our brooms for nearly forty minutes, laughing as we pass each other. I never knew Miles could be so much fun outside of Quidditch.

Once we land, the two of us stumble into each other from how dizzy we are. We just rode around in a large circle, after all. Bletchley grabs my waist to steady me, and I grab his shoulders to steady him.

I quickly release his shoulders once he's steady, but his grip remains adamant on my waist.

"Bletchley, I —" I say, drawing back.

He leans in to kiss me, but just before his lips graze mine he's ripped away from me by an all too familiar blonde haired boy.

Hi!! So we have some drama :O Do I smell a possible love triangle? Nah I'm just kidding ;)

QOTC: Who's you're favorite HP character?
AOTC: Luna Lovegood or Draco (typical I'm sorry)