Chapter Ninety One

The wedding, which happened to be between Ron's brother Bill and Fleur Delacour, was beautiful. I had somewhat forgotten that Fleur was the Triwizard Champion from Beauxbatons, but when I saw her I instantly recognized her.

"I simply cannot dance anymore!" Hermione grunts to me, slipping off one of her shoes and rubbing the sole of her foot. "Ron's gone looking to find more Butterbeers. It's a bit odd, I've just seen Luna's father arguing with — Harry are you OK?"

Both of our heads turn to Harry, who is glancing into the sky with anticipation. At this moment, a large silver lynx graces the floor. The Patronus' mouth opens, with the voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt:

The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.

Chaos broke out after that. Crowds were screaming, bustling to exit the premises. Harry grabs mine and Hermione's arm and pulls us to him. "Ron!" He shouts. "Ron, where are you?"

"We can't leave without him!" I whisper to the two.

And then Ron comes. He catches hold of Hermione's free arm, who looks incredibly relieved. I wonder if Hermione has told Ron that she fancies him.

"We need to Apparate," Harry pants.

"I'll do it," I say quickly. I close my eyes and squeeze my friends' hands tight.

Destination, Determination, Deliberation.

"Tottenham Court Road. Impressive," Hermione says with a nod. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for all of us to change."

The four of us half-walk, half-run up the wide, dark street. The dimly lit road illuminates the pubs and small shops. A double decker bus passes by us. I glance at Harry and Ron, who still dawn their dress robes.

"I should've brought the Invisibility Cloak," Harry grumbles angrily. "All last year I kept it on me and -"

"I've got the cloak. And I've got clothes for both of you," Hermione says calmly. She rummages through her small beaded handbag. "Undetectable Extension Charm. Tricky, but I think I've done it okay; anyway, I've managed to fit everything we need in here. Both of you hurry up and change — er, Amelia, I didn't pack anything for you, I'm sorry. You can share clothes with me," She adds apologetically.

"You're amazing, you are," Ron says.

Hermione blushes. "Thank you. Please Harry, now get that cloak on!"

"Come on, I think we've ought to keep moving," I tell the three of my friends alertly. We move back up the side street and down a main road again, where a group of men drunkenly sing on the pavement.

"You know, we're not far from the Leaky Cauldron," Ron says absentmindedly, glancing at his surroundings. "It's only —"

"Ron, we can't!" Hermione protests. She leads all of us into a shabby, all-night café. She orders three cappuccinos for us, as it would have looked weird if we had gotten one for Harry.

"I say we find a quiet place to Disapparate and head to the countryside," I say quietly, taking a sip of my cappuccino. "Once we're there, we can send a message to the Order. Hermione, do you reckon that one of us can do the talking Patronus thing?"

Hermione nods. "Your magic is probably stronger, I must admit. You've always been wonderful with spells like that."

"Oh —! I forgot to tell you three!" I exclaim. "I'm a Petrinedum, I figured it out for certain just recently!"

"A Petri-what?" Harry whispers from inside the cloak.

"A Petrinedum," Hermione says, looking at me in awe. "They're exceptionally rare and practically geniuses when it comes to administering spells and charms. The only living Wizard with that ability is Voldemort . . . and well, I guess you too!"

I bite my lip. I won't be telling her about my relationship with Voldemort, not yet.

Two burly men enter the café, and I instantly recognize them as Death Eaters. I glance around to make sure no one's watching before I slide under the Invisbility Cloak with Harry. There's practically no room, so I'm nearly on top of him.

"Amelia, what are you doing?" Ron whispers.

"Death Eaters. Rowle and Dolohov. Straight ahead," I hiss from underneath the Cloak. "I think they know that we're here," I add nervously.

"Stupefy!" Harry shouts from the cloak. The largest Death Eater gets hit in the face with red light.

"Expulso!"

"Petrificus Totalus!"

"They're gone. How did they find us?" I ask hysterically. Harry and I join Ron and Hermione.

"Lock the door. Ron use your Deluminator to shut the lights off," Harry commands. "We need to wipe their memories. It's better like that. If we've killed them, it'd be obvious we were here."

"I'll do it," Hermione says. "I've never done it but I know the theory — Obliviate."

The four of us tidy up the café before quickly leaving. Once we are safely out of sight, all eyes turn to Harry nervously, wondering how they knew our location.

"You — You don't think you've still got your Trace on you, do you, Harry?" I ask shakily.

"That's impossible! We need a safe place to hide, that's what we need," Ron interjects. "Give us the time to think things through . . . "

"Grimmauld Place," Harry says.

"Don't be silly, Harry! Snape can get in there!"

"Hermione, it's the best chance we've got. Snape's only one Death Eater. If the Trace is still on me, we're in danger wherever we go," Harry pleads.

Hermione nods reluctantly and I take hold of everyone's hands again. Seconds later, we arrive at Grimmauld Place. It's deserted and quiet. Ron begins to walk inside the building.

"Wait —!" I hiss, grabbing his collar and raising my wand. "Homenun Revelio."

Nothing happens.

"That was a spell to reveal human presence. And it worked. Nobody is here but us," I explain to Harry and Ron. Hermione already seems to know what I had just done because she nods approvingly.

I stop myself from crying out in pain as I fall on my knees to the ground.

"More, Rowle, or we shall end it and feed you to Nagini? Lord Voldemort is not sure that he will forgive this time .  . . You called me back for this, to tell me that Harry Potter has escaped again? Draco, give Rowle another taste of displeasure . . . do it, or feel my wrath yourself!"

"Amelia, do you need to borrow pajamas?" Hermione asks cautiously, holding out a pale pink night shirt for me in her hands. I can tell she is suspicious of what I had just witnessed but she doesn't say anything to me.

"Sure, thanks," I say.

That night, sleeplessness plagues me. The image of Draco's petrified face haunts me for hours on end. Why does he have to stay there under the constant threat of death when I'm joined by supportive friends?

I need to rescue him.

——
Hiii :)

I have a new idea for another book and I need your guy's help :0 Which Harry Potter character should be the love interest in this one? Preferably one that isn't Golden Trio