Chapter Eighty Six

The defeat of not being able to kill Harry Potter was nothing compared to the joy the Death Eater's experienced when they returned the news to all of us that Alastor Moody had died in the battle.

Moody died at the hands of Voldemort — he fired a killing curse at the man, who fell backwards off of his broom about a thousand feet. If he had managed to survive the killing curse, which is highly unlikely, plummeting to the ground with no wand certainly ensured that he did die.

Draco never really liked Moody as a Professor and I was indifferent about him, but his death really shook the both of us up. It wasn't nearly as bad as Dumbledore's — since we technically didn't see this one and we didn't have a relationship with the man.

"Remember when he turned you into a ferret," I say, biting my lip to hide my smile. Draco's still angry about that incident but I find it quite comical.

"Oh, shut it," Draco retorts, smirking.

"I miss ferret Draco, he was adorable."

"And you're saying I'm not adorable now?" Draco feigns insult, putting a hand over his heart.

I shrug. "I mean you are, but ferret Draco . . ."

"Amelia — the Dark Lord requests your presence," Narcissa says softly, knocking on the doorway to Draco's room. Narcissa has been acting as messenger since the two of us spend most of our time upstairs, mostly in Draco's room but sometimes the library.

A burning feeling radiates within me. I'm never asked to speak individually with the Dark Lord.

"Why?" Draco asks protectively, wrapping an arm around my waist so that I can't go over to Narcissa just yet. She gives her son an empathetic look.

"He didn't specify, Draco . . . you both don't need to worry. He speaks very highly of you, Amelia," Narcissa says gently. I can tell from her tone that she's lying to me.

I hear loud voices downstairs.

"You best go now. Er — leave your wand here," Narcissa smiles, but her smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes. I turn back and give Draco a long, loving hug. I don't know why but I just felt like I had to give one to him.

"I'll be back soon," I whisper in his ear.

"Promise?" His silver eyes widen. He looks vulnerable. I sigh, knowing that I'm the reason he feels vulnerable right now. I am his weakness.

"I promise," I whisper, pulling away from his embrace and exiting the room. Nervously, I slowly trail down the long staircase and enter the parlor, where Voldemort is sitting at the head of the table.

"Amelia, my dear friend, how have you been? It's been quite awhile since I've last spoken to you, hasn't it?" Voldemort asks, maliciously grinning. "Come, my girl. Let's take a walk, shall we? I have much to tell you."

Voldemort stands and exits the room, gesturing for me to follow along. I trail behind him.

We walk past the kitchen and down the stairs, towards the basement but we aren't in the basement of the Manor just yet. The other Death Eaters seemed to have disappeared out of sight.

"What do you want?" I ask him spitefully.

"Now that isn't a very kind way to speak to someone who could murder you in seconds," Voldemort cackles. "I just want to have a conversation."

"If you were to kill me, you would have done it. I'm not afraid of you," I counter.

"I'm quite aware of that," Voldemort says. "But I happen to know there are rather a few things that you're quite afraid of, yes? Your boyfriend, I know, you would be very upset to hear that something has happened to him? And that'd you most certainly trade your life for his if ever presented with the need to?"

I don't say anything in response. He laughs, as that is all he needs to make a conclusion.

"Now that's what I've thought. I know quite a lot about you, Amelia. I'm sure you remember your Defense Against the Dark Arts professor from Ilvermorny?" He asks me coolly.

"I know it was you. Francesca told me all about it," I say, my fists balling up against my side. "And I know what you did to her. You —"

"Oh, she was a sharp one, I must say. But I'll have you know that I didn't kill her. Although she's probably dead from her injuries by now . . . and who was your other little friend at Ilvermorny? Grayson, was it? How's he doing these days?" Voldemort says.

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"You're quite powerful, Amelia. Probably the most powerful witch of your age. Even Potter doesn't stand a chance against you . . . which is why I need you to be on my side now more than ever. The two of us against Potter. We'd kill the boy instantly!" Voldemort cackles viciously. "But I know of your friendship with the boy, I do. Severus has informed me of everything. That friendship is no more, I hear? Then I suppose it's time to get revenge!"

"Just because we aren't friends, doesn't mean I want to kill him," I say defiantly. My fear slowly gets replaced with courage. If Voldemort needs my powers this bad, surely he won't kill me?

Voldemort sends me a sinister grin. "I'm sure your mind will he changed soon enough, come with me."

He leads me to the downstairs of Malfoy Manor, to a secret room in the basement. It's a small room with a small light. There's no windows, no furniture, no anything. It's just floor and ceilings and walls.

"This is where you'll be staying until you change your mind," Voldemort says, roughly grabbing me by the neck and showing me the inside of the cell. "The sooner you'd like to come out, the better. I hope you told Draco that you love him," He bursts into violent laughter. "But for now, I'd like to tell you something."

"What?" I ask. His grip around my neck is still tight.

"I'm going to tell you the truth about everything."

—-
EVERYTHING WILL BE EXPLAINED NEXT CHAPTER WHOS EXCITED WOOOOO