Chapter Eighty Eight

I nearly double over as a wave of shock, pain, fury, and heartbreak passes over me. My brain feels like it's exploding in a million different directions. I don't even realize that Voldemort has roughly pushed me into the small room and I've landed on the floor.

I can't kill you, but Draco can.

The words ring throughout my head. He has to kill me. Voldemort will make sure of it. Of course he knows about the prophecy! How could I have been so stupid to assume that he doesn't know it existed?

The room is black all around. I don't even have my wand with me to cast a light spell.

I wait a few hours before I realize that no one is coming down for me. With no food, no water, no bed, and worst of all — No Draco, I curl into a ball on the hard floor and force myself to fall into a sleep.

******

Two days later, my dream that night wasn't particularly a dream, but an ongoing reality from Draco's perspective. I've gotten visions of Voldemort before . . . but from Draco? It must be the prophecy working.

"Where is she? You said it would only be an hour! It's been TWO DAYS!" Draco yells to Narcissa from his bedroom.

"I know, I know . . . I don't know where —"

"YOU LET HIM TAKE HER! SHE SHOULD'VE STAYED WITH ME!" Draco roars. "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER!"

Narcissa breathes in and out. "The Dark Lord said you'll be seeing her tomorrow morning."

"SHE COULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW! SHE COULD BE HURT! AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE —"

I wake up in a cold sweat with tears dripping down my face. It's been less than twenty four hours since all of this has happened, but I can't help myself.

I'm scared.

My eyes dart to the door, which is now slowly squeaking open. I catch my breath, bracing myself for the worst. But to my surprise, the silhouette of an all too familiar teenage boy enters.

"You have five minutes, Draco."

"Amelia!" He says breathlessly, sprinting over to me and collapsing in my arms. His scent fills my lungs — green apples and hair gel. I hold onto him as tight as I possibly can. Silent tears streak down my face.

"Are you okay?" I ask him worriedly, still pressed against his chest.

"I should be asking you that!" His eyes fixate on the bruises around my neck and handprint on my cheek. "He hurt you," He growls.

"I know so much now. . . He can't kill me, I'll explain that later. He's also my father. And he knows about the Prophecy," I tell Draco, lowering my voice with each passing sentence.

Draco's face looks emotionless and dull. I can tell from his expression that if he speaks he's going to start crying.

"W-What's wrong?" I ask, suspecting the worst.

"He told me I have to kill you," He gulps, "or he's —"

"Shh," I soothe, drawing his wand from his pocket and putting it in his hands. "I understand, Draco."

"FOUR MINUTES!" Voldemort shrieks from outside the door before bursting into evil laughter.

"Amelia. . ."

"The lives of you and your family are so much more important," I whisper into his ear, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Kill me."

He raises his wand. "I- I can't."

"You have to!" I yell angrily. "Kill me!"

"Amelia, you know I can't. Take my wand," He says, attempting to hand me his wand. "Kill me instead."

"I'm a half-blood Draco!" I shout. "A half-blood! You're children will never be pureblood, your parents will be disappointed, and the Malfoy name will be tarnished! Tell them I died! Start a new life without me! You don't need me!"

Draco looks as if I just ripped his heart in two. "You think I love you only because you're a pureblood? You could be a bloody Mudblood and I'd still want to give you the world!" He sobs. "I've never felt like this and I can't destroy it."

"THREE MINUTES!"

I choke back a sob. "I forgive you."

"But I haven't even —"

"Do it. Please," I cry. "I'll stay by your side, in life or death. Kill me. He's going to hurt you and everyone you love if you don't. There's no one else who loves me. You actually have a family and a life ahead of you."

Draco looks as if I had just shattered him. He stalks over to him, wraps his arm around my waist, and crashes a passionate kiss on my lips. I devour his taste, knowing that this could quite possibly be my last kiss with him and my last kiss ever.

"I love you so much," Draco whispers.

"If you love me, let me go," I respond softly.

Draco pulls away from me and grabs his wand again. A wave of pain, love, and guilt wash over his face.

"TWO MINUTES!"

"You need to hurry! Get on with it!" I yell.

"I'm not a killer!" Draco cries. "You heard Dumbledore in the Astronomy Tower that night. I can't kill anyone," He sobs.

My eyes travel around the room and I find a blade of glass sitting in the corner. I walk over to it, pick it up, and return back to Draco. I hold up the blade for him to see.

"If you don't kill me, I'll shove this into my heart. You'll watch me bleed out slowly and painfully. Kill me, please. It will be so fast and easy," I say, tears glistening in my eyes. "You don't want my last moments with you crying and sad, right?"

Draco gulps. "Kiss me again," He whispers.

Without hesitation, I stalk up to him and passionately dive into his lips. The girl he marries is going to be so unbelievably lucky.

"I love you so much," Draco whispers.

"I love you more than anything and anyone," I respond, a ghost of a smile playing at my lips. "Tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione that I'm sorry. . ."

"ONE MINUTE!"

"Oh . . . and Draco?" I say quietly, my voice cracking.

"Yes?" He says, an endless amount of tears welling up in his eyes and flowing down his face.

"I forgive you," I whisper to the boy who was given no choice.

"I'm sorry," He cries. "Avada Kedavra!"

The green light that radiated throughout the room was the brightest light I had ever seen in my whole life. The light poured through the doorway and throughout the entire basement of Malfoy Manor.

I fall to the ground. The last thing I see before my world goes black is the love of my life looking like his whole world has just ended.

——
THIS IS NOT THE END!

How do you feel rn tho :(  Do you think Draco should have done that?