Chapter Ninety Eight

By not even eight o'clock that evening, the Slytherin Common Room is blasting loud music and drunk teenagers are everywhere. Grayson, Francesca and I force ourselves to down another Polyjuice Potion before making our way back to the dungeons and joining in on the fun.

"Daphneeee!!!" A fifth year girl that I recognize as Astoria Greengrass calls to me. "I'm sooooo drunk!"

I laugh at the girl, technically 'my' sister, who's no older than fifteen. This is certainly her first time with alcohol and it's quite obvious. "Congratulations," I chuckle.

"Glad you finally decided to come, babe," Zabini says, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. "I've missed you," He whispers in my ear seductively, causing chills to go down my spine.

Unconsciously, my eyes inadvertently trail to Draco, who's taking a slow sip of butterbeer and leaning against the wall. He's a silent wallflower, who observes everything and anything around him. We make eye contact for a second before I look back to Blaise with a fake smile.

"I'm going to find Pansy and F- Millicent, okay?"

Zabini nods. "Come to my dormitory tonight, for a pleasant surprise if you know what I'm saying."

I know exactly what he's saying, unfortunately. Daphne and Blaise's whole relationship seems to revolve around sex. Stifling my urge to vomit everywhere, I nod quickly and wink at him before heading over to where the girls are. Grayson is also with them, disguised as Theodore Nott.

"Professor McGonagall was all like 'Ten points to Slytherin' and I was so close to hexing her — where have you been?" Pansy asks rudely, wrinkling her nose. She clings tighter to Grayson's arm. Grayson looks absolutely repulsed by the pug-like girl but he manages to hide it seemingly well.

"I was just with Blaise," I say, taking a sip of butterbeer. "How have you three been?"

"Oh, just fine," Francesca says casually. Her and Grayson have been careful to not drink too much in fear of revealing something important.

"Parkinson and Greengrass!" Goyle calls. "C'mere for a second, will you?" Pansy and I exchange a look before reluctantly heading over to Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Sorry about that," Goyle whispers to us with a smirk. "Theodore and Millicent have been all over each other. Crabbe and I made a bet and I earn five Galleons if they hook up with each other," He gestures to lumpy Crabbe.

"Greengrass," Draco sneers, finally deciding to pay attention to his friends. "Come with me for a second, please. I have a question about the Astronomy homework."

"Can't you ask me later?" I complain.

"No, this question is quite urgent," Draco protests.

"I'm in Astronomy too, Draco! Maybe I can help!" Pansy offers excitedly, only for Draco to scowl.

"I think a pile of dirt would be more useful than you," He responds smoothly. "Let's get out of here," He whispers to me secretly, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the Common Room.

I exchange a helpless look to Pansy who gives me a death glare. Ugh.

Draco leads me up a tremendous amount of stairs before we reach the Astronomy Tower. "Did you actually have to bring me all the way up here for an Astronomy question?" I ask, laughing.

"Actually, I did have to, Greengrass. Or should I even be calling you that?" He asks suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently. "That's my name, why wouldn't you call me that?"

Draco raises an eyebrow. "Come up here with me."

"The Astronomy Tower? No thanks, I'm not trying to get expelled during my last —"

"Do you trust me?"

Those four words again. He asked me that same question the first time he took me up to the Astronomy Tower. Back then, I hated him with every inch of me. Now, I'm in love with him and I continue to fall deeper and deeper everyday.

"No," I respond pompously, turning on my heel.

"You little —!" Draco grunts, grabbing me by my collar. "Just come to the bloody roof with me, will you? It's better than dealing with Pugsly Parkinson the entire night, and you know that!"

"That's my friend you're talking about, Draco," I say quietly, still trying to portray myself as Daphne.

"Whatever, I still have a question for you," Draco counters. The two of us climb onto the roof again. The September breeze nips my flesh and causing goosebumps to trail down my arms.

"What is it? I need to go back —"

"Relax, Greengrass," Draco says, handing me a glass of butterbeer. "Smuggled this up for us."

I eye him warily. Does he do this to every girl? Does he take them up to the Astronomy Roof, give them a drink, and talk to them about life?

"How many girls do you do this to?" I blurt before I can help myself. Draco raises an eyebrow.

"You've got Zabini, why do you care?"

I huff. "I don't. I love Zabini," I say, barely forming the words for the last sentence. Hastily, I take a long sip of butterbeer before turning to him with curiosity.

Draco's eyes glint with pleasure. "Tell me, Greengrass. Do you love Zabini?"

"Of course I don't. I love somebody else," I respond, widening my eyes at the words that just came out of my mouth.

"I assumed so. Who do you love?"

"You. It's always been you," I say unintentionally again. I can't stop myself from saying anything.

"And let me confirm my suspicions — are you truly Daphne Greengrass? Are you who you say you are?" Draco asks with a smirk upon his face. He already knows the answer.

"No," I say truthfully. "Stop asking me questions!"

"I don't need to ask who you are. I seem to know you quite well, Amelia," Draco says, never breaking eye contact with me. Seconds later, he slams his lips against mine in an incredibly deep kiss.

Unable to resist the urge, I wrap my arms around him and let him pull me closer to me. Our lips interlock in pure rhythm, going faster and faster.

"Let me give a little sign to Zabini — to show him your mine," He whispers huskily before bringing his lips to my neck and beginning to leave a hickey.

"N-No . . . I can't mess this up for Daphne, I'm going to let her return to herself once this is all over," I protest but Draco doesn't seem to listen. Seconds later, a large purple mark rests on my neck against my pale skin.

"I'll keep your little secret for you. But you don't want to know what'll happen if I catch you and Zabini doing anything. You may be Daphne but underneath you're Amelia," Draco whispers quietly to me. "I also noticed that you never switched wands with Daphne."

"I love you so much," I whisper randomly, still under whatever potion he's put in my drink. "By the way, what did you put in my butterbeer that made me answer you like this? I'm surprised I'm not resistant to it."

Draco laughs. "Just a few drops of Veritaserum always does the trick. I love you too, by the way."

——-

Tell me how I've written 100,000+ words in less than a month wtf

Update- So I will not be writing anymore today or tomorrow because I will be blacking out since it's Halloweeknd

Yes I know it's a pandemic it's with my close friends only don't worry <3 Happy Halloween and stay safe!!