Chapter 6

Edited🦋

When Qiao Lan returned to her seat, her tablemate scooted her table further away from Qiao Lan, as if Qiao Lan had the plague.

She deliberately ignored Qiao Lan and stayed away from Qiao Lan wanting to see Qiao Lan embarrassed. Sadly, Qiao Lan stayed calm and started reading and writing down notes. The expression on her face seemed quite happy. The deskmate was frustrated for a moment but then remembered what her friends had just said to her. Remembering this, her expression relaxed.

Today, her friends said that Qiao Lan used to chase Song Yao's Chen Yaoyang behind her back. It could be seen how much she wanted to fit into this class, so how could she bear their negligence? It was obvious that she was just pretending not to care. Maybe she was secretly crying behind their backs and wondering how to please Qin Yang and them again.

Additionally, she won't be sitting next to Qiao Lan for much longer.

The head teacher said that after the midterm exams are over, the seats should be arranged according to the exam ranking.

Qiao Lan's results in the last monthly exam fell by almost a dozen places. They won't be seated together anymore. Not only that, but she herself could rely on her results to sit close to Chen Yaoyang!

Chen Yaoyang ranked first in the whole year in the last monthly exam. If there is no accident, he should still be the first in the midterm exam.

Last month, she was fifth in the class.

Recently, she had been studying very hard, studying almost every day until one o'clock in the morning. Just to be closer to Chen Yaoyang she had been desperately studying for the midterm exam, hoping to improve even by just a little. However, Song Yao, who placed second before, was better than her at English. She was not very sure if she could surpass Song Yao, but it does not matter if she failed to take second place. Third and fourth was also fine, because third and fourth would sit a row or two behind first and second.

The distance between the front and rear tables was very close.

She also knew that Song Yao liked Chen Yaoyang, but they hadn't gotten together yet, did they? If she could get closer to Chen Yaoyang with her own ability, everyone would think she was just studying hard. Even if they saw that she really did like Chen Yaoyang, she depended on her grades to sit there, others won't be able to say anything.

People hated Qiao Lan not because Qiao Lan liked Chen Yaoyang, but because Qiao Lan didn't deserve to like Chen Yaoyang.

Thinking about it that way, the table mate felt immediately comforted. She glanced at Qiao Lan, and saw that her eyes were on the textbook, she looked away too lazy to talk to Qiao Lan again.

The tablemate continued to ignore Qiao Lan. The class used to be jealous of Qiao Lan's ability to talk to Song Yao and Chen Yaoyang, and looked down on her actions of pleasing others. Now the most interesting thing after class was sitting together and talking bad about Qiao Lan, as well as betting how many days Qiao Lan could continue to pretend.

No one believed that Qiao Lan could hold on, even Chen Yaoyang felt so.

However, he hoped that Qiao Lan could continue playing hard to get. In the past few days, there was finally no disturbance around Song Yao, and no one deliberately approached him. Chen Yaoyang felt that the surrounding air was very good.

Everyone felt that Qiao Lan must be regretting in her heart. It must be very embarrassing for her.

As for Qiao Lan herself, regret is impossible, but she was indeed a little embarrassed.