Chapter 34

Tan Mo had a slight mutism, especially in front of things that he couldn’t predict.

Even if he was nervous and at a loss, he wanted to ask why.

Qiao Lan smiled, “I just quit my job at the western restaurant today.”

Tan Mo was blankly startled and then finally asked her, “…why.” 

“I told you before that I didn’t need you to help me, and I didn’t lie to you. You helped me a lot. Now that I don’t have to go to work, I can go to school and live a good life. But in the end, I decided to resign because of other reasons. You should have guessed it. It’s my family. I’ve left home, and I’ve also submitted the application for school residence with the head teacher this morning, and it will be done in about one or two days.”

Qiao Lan’s speech was slower than usual, and the details were very specific.

“This card is the money I saved in the first half of the year. The total amount is a little more than 20,000 yuan. If nothing happens, this will be my reserve for two and a half years after high school.” She smiled, “Don’t think that it’s too little. Living expenses of 500 yuan per month is completely enough for ordinary high school students, but it may not be enough if there is an emergency. If it really isn’t enough, I will come to you.”

Qiao Lan finally figured it out Tan Mo’s logic and how she could follow his pattern of thought to make him see things her way.

Twenty thousand yuan was completely enough for her, so Qiao Lan didn’t think that she would actually borrow money from Tan Mo someday, but she decided to change her rhetoric a bit. This change would make Tan Mo more willing to listen and accept it.  Now that she said that he really wanted, the previous deadlock they were in would be solved.

She looked seriously at Tan Mo, “Tan Mo, will you lend it to me.”

Tan Mo’s fingers on the wheelchair unconsciously tightened, and without even thinking of his answer Tan Mo said, “Of course.”

“I knew you were the best.” Qiao Lan smiled, the boy was not noisy, and instead simple and sincere. Qiao Lan always felt that the boy in front of her was a little lost but dependent on her, so she changed her pattern and became more patient, and so her tone of voice softened by a lot.

“Then I will give you this card now. You can check regularly to see whether the balance above is really enough, and so you’ll know if I am really short of money. The password is ******. You remember numbers so I can assume you will remember this all at once.” 

In just such a short while, Qiao Lan said so much, and the amount of information in her words was so large that Tan Mo felt that he suddenly couldn’t compute it all.

After hearing Qiao Lan say that she had resigned, Tan Mo felt that he did not seem to be very angry anymore. Qiao Lan explained that it wasn’t that she did not need his help but that she didn’t need anyone’s help. This logical thinking made Tan Mo pass through hurdles that he had been struggling with in his heart.

But who would have thought that Qiao Lan would say those things afterwards.

She gave him a card, which she said was all her savings for the next two years.

Qiao Lan gave him all of her savings for safekeeping.

Tan Mo looked down at the small card Qiao Lan had put into his hand. There were too many thoughts and emotions that could not be distinguished in his mind and for a time the noise in his mind was so loud that he didn’t know what to say.