Chapter 10

Edited🦋

As the elevator went up one floor after another, Chen Bo glanced at the Tan Mo reflected in the elevator mirror.

The boy was still expressionless as ever, but Uncle Chen, who had served him for nearly a year, still felt that Tan Mo was in a good mood today.

Tan Mo’s life was like a fixed automated machine fulfilling programmed tasks. Everyday, he goes to school at the same time, eats at the same time, and rests at the same time. Uncle Chen and Aunt Chen strictly followed the time on the clock in order to take care of this taciturn boy.

He would push Tan Mo back home as usual. At seven o’clock, Aunt Chen would serve the food. Tan Mo would then take the initiative to come out of the house to eat, and Aunt Chen would go to Tan Mo’s room during his meal time. In his room, she would tidy up his clothes, clean, and so on.

Walked into Tan Mo’s room as usual. Aunt Chen saw that the bookcases, the desks and even the bedside tables were full of books that she didn’t recognize.

Aunt Chen sighed again, did not touch Tan Mo’s book, but put the clothes that Tan Mo had discarded into the laundry basket to prepare for the laundry.

She then checked the pockets of his clothes as usual. Generally speaking, Tan Mo’s clothes pockets are always clean, but today, Aunt Chen found something incompatible with Tan Mo.

A lollipop.

Aunt Chen held the candy in her hand for a long while, glanced at the door subconsciously, and let out a sigh of relief. She then carefully put the candy on Tan Mo’s table and closed the door.

At 7:20, Tan Mo returned to his room after eating. Aunt Chen hurriedly pulled Uncle Chen and told him about the candy in Tan Mo’s clothes.

Only the people by Tan Mo’s side or people who knew enough about Tan Mo could understand the meaning of this candy. It was impossible for Tan Mo to buy candy. Since he did not buy it, someone must have given it to him. He had accepted the kindness of others! Such progress is enough to make the old couple cry with excitement.

No wonder Tan Mo was in a good mood today, it was not an illusion at all!

At around nine o’clock in the evening, Uncle Chen’s phone vibrated. Uncle Chen hurriedly answered the phone and closed the door. After he hung up the phone, he hesitated for a while, and gently knocked on Tan Mo’s door.

“Enter,” Tan Mo’s voice was cold and brief. Uncle Chen opened the door and entered the room. Inside, he saw Tan Mo holding a hand-made knife in his hand while quickly dismantling a mechanical watch.

Uncle Chen looked at the small parts on the table, then moved his gaze to the candy at the front of the table.

Uncle Chen smiled, thinking that today and Tan Mo might change his mind about this matter, maybe Tan Mo will agree.

“Mr. Tan just called.” Uncle Chen said, carefully looking at Tan Mo.

Tan Mo did not look up, and continued fiddling with the mechanical watch in his hands, “What’s the matter?”

“Mr. Tan said he had contacted the top doctors in Germany, and they would be here this weekend…”

Tan Mo interrupted before his speech, “Not going. “

Uncle Chen paused, looking at the boy’s indifferent face, and wanted to persuade him without giving up, but no matter how he said, Tan Mo just said those two words, not going.