Chapter 33

🦋edited🦋

Because he was worried that Qiao Lan would have an accident, Tan Mo asked Uncle Chen to find someone to follow Qiao Lan at night.

The two boys had been following Qiao Lan for several days and so Tan Mo had been at peace. Today, they followed Qiao Lan and watched Qiao Lan return home. The two stayed behind to discuss whether or not to go to the Internet cafe tonight. But the result was that less than five minutes later, the little girl who was sent home safely suddenly rushed out of the building.

Both people were taken aback.

Just as they were watching the girl run desperately, a fat man jumped out of the corridor behind her. He had a stick in hand and ran as he cursed at her. They couldn’t hear what the curse was. They could only hear the fat man say that he wanted to break the girl’s leg.

The two of them then remembered that they had recently taken a large sum of money from Uncle Chen to protect the little girl. After a daze, they started chasing, and finally saw the little girl running to the road, and then squatting on the ground…

Was she playing with her mobile phone? ? ?

Recently, Uncle Chen had asked them to send a girl home every night and gave them a lot of money. They didn’t understand what Uncle Chen was trying to do, but they did their best. But in such a situation, they were not sure what to do. Looking out the window they saw the girl squatting under the streetlamp, the weather is strangely cold at night, so she might catch a cold.

Finally, they called Uncle Chen.

In less than ten minutes, a car rushed over.

Luckily there were no traffic jams at night.

Looking out the window, they saw the car door open from a distance. The little girl looked at the person inside the door for half a minute. Finally, she got in the car and the car left. Uncle Chen then called them and said it was all right.

Qiao Lan, who was picked up in the car, let the heat from the car surround her, and slowly the coldness dissipated.

The shock she had felt when she had seen Tan Mo had slowly faded and she had gradually calmed down. But there are still many questions running through her mind.

“Tan Mo”, Qiao Lan turned to look at Tan Mo, who was wearing a thin shirt on his upper body, “Why are you and Uncle Chen here?”

 She actually wanted to ask more, why are you here, why did you happen to be here, at this time…

Tan Mo pursed his lips, and finally chose not to answer.

Uncle Chen, who was driving in front, changed the subject at the right time, “Qiao Lan, why were you outside at night? It’s pretty dangerous at this time of night, did something happen at home?”

Tan Mo didn’t say anything after Uncle Chen changed the subject. Qiao Lan knew that both of them were avoiding what she had asked, although in her heart she was still curious, she didn’t push.

“Something went wrong,” Qiao Lan said. After saying that Uncle Chen and Tan Mo did not speak, Qiao Lan was silent for a few moments and then continued, “My second sister gave my mother 20,000 yuan some time ago. I don’t know what happened but now more than 1000 yuan is missing from it.”