Chapter 52

Everyone sat in the living room together, Qiao Lan counted sixteen candles and lit them one by one.

Qiao Lan turned her head to look at Tan Mo, and the light of candlelight was shining on the delicate face of the young man. His light brown eyes were more dazzling than amber.

Qiao Lan was slightly shocked by the beauty.

Uncle Chen smiled and urged Tan Mo to blow the candles, Qiao Lan recovered and hurriedly stopped, “Wait a minute, make a wish first, you don’t need to say it.”

Tan Mo watched Qiao Lan and stayed silent for a while before closing his eyes. He kept his eyes closed and then after a while opened his eyes again before saying faintly “Okay.” 

The birthday cake was made by Aunt Chen herself. Tan Mo liked to eat sweets very much, but he didn’t eat much today. Qiao Lan could see that Tan Mo was not in a good mood. She thought about it for a long time. From this morning until now, she recalled what could make Tan Mo feel so bad, but she couldn’t think of anything.

Qiao Lan sighed, grabbed the pillow next to her and put her chin on the pillow and sighed lightly again.

Tan Mo came out of the bedroom and his eyes fell on Qiao Lan, he didn’t know what she was thinking.

The weather outside was getting colder, but the house was very warm. The girl has just come out of the shower, wearing a comfortable off-white dress, and her long half-wet hair was draped over her thin shoulders. She was sitting curled up on the sofa, holding a fluffy pillow in her arms, and her slender white calves and bare feet were exposed under the off-white dress.

Tan Mo shifted his gaze away, and his gaze fell mechanically on the armrest of the sofa next to Qiao Lan, “It’s very late, why don’t you sleep.”

Qiao Lan returned to her senses, looked back at him and smiled, “I’ll go to sleep immediately.”

“Yeah.” Tan Mo nodded and turned around to leave, but Qiao Lan called him and said, “Tan Mo, today you…did something happen recently?”

Qiao Lan thought about it for a long time about why Tan Mo was not happy today. After mulling over it for sometime she realized that his strangeness had been going on for a long time.

Tan Mo asked her quietly for a moment, “Why do you ask.”

“Because you are not in a very good mood recently.”

She was really smart and sensitive, Tan Mo said in his heart even Uncle Chen didn’t notice it, but Qiao Lan found out.

He shook his head and said it was all right. After Qiao Lan went back to her room to sleep, he sat in the dark for a long time. He looked at the moon outside the window, at the position where Qiao Lan had just sat, and the pillow Qiao Lan had just held in her arms.

He stared at the pillow for a long time, then carefully brought the pillow over, and hesitantly but silently held the pillow in his arms.

On Sunday, Qiao Lan had planned to take the bus back to school as usual. After all, she had to go to study late on Sunday night, but she didn’t expect the dense rain outside.

Uncle Chen glanced outside, turned his head and said to Qiao Lan, “Lan Lan, don’t rush to go today. I’ll take you to school in a while. Don’t shirk it. The rain outside is so heavy, it won’t be troublesome to see you off.”