Chapter 39

Qiao Lan felt her heart twitch.     

Why is there a scar…

She knew that Tan Mo had AS since he was a child, and later a car accident happened and his legs were disabled, but… why is there such a hideous scar, was it left by the car accident?

But apart from this scar, there were no other traces of other similar wounds around his leg. A car accident shouldn’t leave such a flat wound, and this scar… it looks more like a scar left by a sharp weapon….like a knife…

The skin on the boy’s leg seems to be paler than his face. The upper part is paler, and is different from the legs of boys of the same age who run and play basketball on the playground. There are no visible muscles and the arc of muscle support. His calves and ankles are abnormally slender, unlike boys who are more slender. 

At a glance, it was pale, slender, and morbidly beautiful, but behind it, there were some traces of muscle atrophy.

Relatively speaking, muscle atrophy is when the muscles began to decrease, and the muscle fiber tissues began to become thinner and gradually disappear.

At this moment, Tan Mo’s legs were marked with dazzling scars, and his calves trembled slightly. He hurriedly bent down and hurriedly pulled the quilt up to cover his legs. Qiao Lan saw that his pale face still had no expression, but his hold on the quilt was too tight.

He didn’t want her to see it.

He didn’t want her to see his sick and terrifying legs.

But he was in pain, because Qiao Lan saw the medicine bottle on his bed, which was designed to relieve nerve pain, neuropathy and other symptoms.

Qiao Lan suddenly reacted, Tan Mo didn’t have stomach pain, but leg pain because of his damaged nerves.

“Do you want to take medicine?” Qiao Lan hurriedly ran out, poured some water, she poured out some pills according to the instructions on the medicine bottle and handed them to Tan Mo. 

How painful Qiao Lan felt, she could only see Tan Mo’s eyes and the pain in them made even her feel painful, so much so that she hurriedly took out her mobile phone and didn’t care about calling Uncle Chen so late.

Uncle Chen was shocked when he received Qiao Lan’s call in the evening, and was so surprised that he asked what happened. When Qiao Lan finished speaking, he was relieved but was also very anxious. “It will hurt like this once or twice every month. At this time, if he doesn’t go to the hospital, he can only take medicine when it hurts, and he can only stick to it. The medicine is in the drawer beside his bed. Take two pills and make sure he doesn’t eat too much… I will go back tomorrow morning…”

Qiao Lan hung up after finishing the call, and she hurriedly put away the medicine bottle. She went to the bathroom to soak a towel with hot water, twisting it to half dry before coming back again and lifting the quilt.

Tan Mo, who was distracted from the pain after taking the painkillers, suddenly reacted when Qiao Lan lifted the quilt. He firmly grasped the quilt and kept her from lifting it.

“Tan Mo let go”, Qiao Lan grabbed his hand, “Your leg needs warm compress.”

“No”, Tan Mo couldn’t listen, and didn’t want to listen. He knew what Qiao Lan was going to do. Every time his leg hurt Uncle Chen would also help him by giving him hot compresses and massages. Tan Mo never thought much about Uncle Chen doing it, but when Qiao Lan lifted the quilt, Tan Mo had only one thought in his mind, which was that his legs could not be seen by Qiao Lan.