Chapter 1

My name is Cora Davis. I'm 23 years old. 5 foot even. I have muddy curly brown hair and brown eyes. I'm on the thicker side but my thickness is in all the right places.

I have a twin sister named Collette. Though we're identical twins she has lighter brown hair and blueish/green eyes. She's also thinner where I'm thicker. The only thing the same about us is our height, facial structure, nose, and lips. She's loud, quirky, friendly, open, and sometimes too trusting. I'm none of those things. She also happens to be a werewolf while I'm just human.

Our parents are werewolves. We thought I was too until I didn't change into a wolf like everyone else did when we hit puberty at 16. No one was more devastated than I was. I became an outsider there on out even though my family fiercely disagrees.

They just didn't understand because they never witnessed the way other wolves treated me when they weren't around. Not even my twin sister or best friends noticed it. I wouldn't tell them either.

My friends are a mixture of werewolves and witches. Esme and Ezra are twin sisters like Collette and I who are werewolves. Harper, Sariah, and Alena are witches. I know very little about witches or vampires. I was human and wasn't expected to know so no one educated me.

I wasn't strong like them. Fast like them. I couldn't heal quickly. I'm also not immune to things like the common cold, flu, and every other sickness out there. I do have extremely good hearing, even better then most werewolves. I've learned though to be grateful for everything I am rather then everything I'm not. I used to resent not being like them.

When I graduated high school I couldn't wait to get away. I could finally focus on what I loved and what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Like becoming a fashion designer. While pursuing my dreams I discovered my passion is in designing wedding dresses. Just something about creating a dress that's going to make a woman's special day more memorable is what gives me my passion for it.

When I graduated college, I drove through a small town called Meadows Creek. I immediately fell in love with the place. Though it was a small town it just felt like home to me. I think roughly only 800 or so people lived here. Best part though was there was no werewolves in sight.

Staying in the motel, I read through the apartment listings and found a small one bedroom apartment. Even though it was in the middle of the month it was still available. The landlord lady let me move in immediately.

A couple days later I found this little bridal store while I was walking down main street. Walking in I met the owner, an older lady named Marcy Dawson. She ran the store by herself but was getting to that age where she needed a pair of extra hands running the place. She wasn't yet ready to retire and sell the place. She used to design the dresses she sells but now she buys them from another designer and sells them for them.

I've been working for her for about a year now. She lets me design dresses when I find the inspiration. My best work is designing a dress for a specific woman. I like to design it off of their looks, shape, and personality.

My family didn't approve. They expected me to graduate and come to live back with the pack. That wasn't going to happen though. They might be my family but that wasn't my pack. I'm human not a werewolf like the rest of them. I didn't belong with them. No matter how hard my family tried to argue that I did.

____________________________________

"Hey Marcy." I call out knocking on her office door in the back of the store.

"Come in, Cora." She calls to me.

Walking in I see her sitting at her desk going through papers. She had a very organized office. Little but still a decent size. She had pictures of her husband Harold and her two daughters and her grandkids on the walls and some on her desk.