Chapter 9

As hard as I was trying to stay positive about having a good night, I was slowly losing my faith in it.

I did adjustments on Starla and Quichea's dresses first so I could get it over with. I didn't understand why they were here in the first place. They weren't in the wedding so I didn't see how their dresses were important like everyone else's.

When no one seemed to be paying attention they would throw me glares or disgusted glances. They were honestly getting on my last nerve and I didn't know how much more I could take before I finally lose it on them.

They were acting like snobby stuck up teenage girls still in high school instead of the 20 something year olds they were.

My twin sister and Ezra finally show up at 2:15. When my sister told me she was pregnant I really wasn't expecting her to look pregnant yet. She already had a small noticable bump. I couldn't contain my excitement at seeing her though. I practically run into her arms and gently squeeze her. She hugs me just as tight.

"Oh my Goddess Collette I've missed you something fierce! And look at you! You're absolutely glowing with your pregnancy." I say to her admiringly. I pulled out of her arms to study her.

She truly was beautiful and even more so with her pregnancy. She really was glowing too. I could tell she was content and happy how her life was going. I seriously couldn't be more happy for her.

"Shut up Cora! I am not. I'm fat and bloated. I eat everything in sight and it just makes me fatter. I look horrible." She says with a fake pout.

"You do not! You're absolutely beautiful and you know it!" I say with a roll of my eyes and a chuckle. "I'm sure Adan reminds you every day how beautiful you are and how much more beautiful you're becoming with your guys little one growing inside you." I add and stick out my tongue at her.

"True. He does. But just you wait until you meet your own mate and become pregnant. You'll see what I'm talking about then." She tells me with a smirk. I blush and look away. Can vampires even reproduce?

"Hey now chicà, what's this?" She asks me noticing my blush. "Did you find your mate Cora? Oh my Goddess! Why didn't you tell me?!" She rushes out angrily when she sees my guilty expression.

"It's complicated."

"Well out with it. Maybe I can help uncomplicated it for you." She says with an encouraging smile. So I do just that while fixing her dress. I was glad it was just the two of us in here while we talked as I worked on her dress.

I start with my first dream with Marcellus and end with him and Zyair passing me in his car. By the time I'm done getting everything off my chest and adjusting her dress, dinner is ready. She assured me we could talk more about it after dinner.

We go into the dinning room. Harper, Sariah, Alena, Ezra, Starla, Quichea, and even Esme are all sitting around the table. There were four seats still unoccupied. One next to Quichea, another next to Harper, and two in-between Ezra and Sariah.

I follow Collette to the two empty seats between Ezra and Sariah. My sister sits next to her best friend so I take the seat between her and Sariah. There was no was I was sitting next to Quichea and if I had sat next to Harper it would of put me next to Starla.

I lean forward in my seat a little. "Hey Esme, how are you?" I ask with a smile. She returns my smile with a slight blush.

"Good except for this annoying morning sickness." She answers. Glancing at Collette she asks. "When did yours go away? I know it's different for every woman and even every pregnancy but I'm so over it already."

"You're pregnant?!" We all pretty much squeal and shout at the same time.

Her face literally lights up. "Yes! I just found out yesterday. I'm sorry to break the news like this. Aziel is probably going to be calling every hour on the hour to check up on me. It makes him nervous with me being pregnant and out of his sight and protection for so long. He's no doubt going to be here really early in the morning too." She says the last part with a giggle.