Chapter 19

(Marcellus's POV)

I couldn't find Cora. Worse, I couldn't find Starla either. She found out I knew what she did and went into hiding. Quichea couldn't even find her. Or so she says.

I was going a little insane. I needed to find Cora before I completely lost myself. When I do find Starla shes a dead werewolf. I would take great pleasure in killing her.

"It's been a month Collette, she might not be alive anymore." Orson says to Collette not very kindly.

"Don't you fucking say that!" Collette growls threateningly at him.

I walk into the livingroom and glare at him. Sariah and her mate Kenji were here along with Ezra and her mate Orson. Of course Collette and her mate Adan were here as well and also Loretta, Adan's younger sister. Alena and her mate Dario were supposedly flying in tomorrow.

"She's not dead."

She wasn't. I could still feel her faintly. Her anger and her fear. I couldn't pinpoint where she was though. Something powerful was blocking me. I needed Harper to hurry up and figure out a way to break it so I can get her back already.

My phone starts ringing and I see it's Harper. Thinking of the devil. I leave the room and walk outside to answer it. I didn't need any of them to overhearing this conversation.

"Harper. Tell me you have good news." I say a little desperately.

"Yes! We're flying out there now. Just boarding the plane. She's as good as found tomorrow morning." She tells me confidently.

"Good." I hang up. What was one more day? Who am I kidding I needed her back a fucking month ago.

I hear a car pull into the long driveway and see it's Quichea. I narrow my eyes. I watch her park and get out of her car. I cross my arms as I watch her walk over to me. She isn't allowed in the house. I don't trust her.

"Hey Marc. I got good news."

Loretta comes out of the house. I give her a weak smile. She's been a big support through all this. Helping keeping me grounded. She was a god send.

I glance back at Quichea to see her smiling. I didn't trust that smile. I didn't trust her period. When I don't answer she continues. "My cousin said she heard from Starla. That Starla is in fact still somewhere here in San Antonio. But she's leaving back for home this evening."

"Good." I say as I turn around to go back into the house. I reenter the living room.

"Kenji and Adan let's go." I tell them. I didn't ask Orson because he easily gets on my nerves and I don't want to hurt Ezra by killing her mate.

"I'll come too." Orson says anyways standing up.

"No you will not." He sits back down when I glare at him.

I could tell Collette and Ezra wanted to come as well but they couldn't. Collette just had her baby boy a week or two ago and Ezra had her baby girl a couple days ago. I silently thanked whatever God that was listening that they didn't try to argue their way in coming too.

"I'm coming too." Loretta states.

Kenji, Adan, Loretta and I leave the house. We all climb into my car, Loretta claiming the passenger seat. I start up my car and speed off towards the private airport.

I silently prayed Cora was with her but Quichea didn't mentioned anything about her. No matter I'd get it out of Starla one way or another. Even if I have to torture the bitch.

I'm just thankful that rogue vampire Zane didn't have his hands on her. I panicked when I heard him grab her that day. I've never felt fear like that before. I was proud as fuck that she fought him but I knew she wouldn't have been able to defeat him. She was only human.