Chapter 4

Waking up around my usual time this morning I get ready to go for my jog. I put on my sports bra and joggers. I pull on socks and then lace up my running shoes. Sense it's still kinda dark out I know it's gonna be chilly so I pull on a light sweatshirt and zip it up. I'm going to be running so I didn't want something too heavy.

Stepping outside I head down the street at a slow pace. Instead of turning left like I usually did I turn right. I'm not sure why. It felt like something was pulling me in this direction.

I jog across the street towards the woods. Normally I wouldn't go near the woods. Especially when it's dark but I could feel that same pull. It was like it was leading me somewhere. I just didn't know where.

I found a jogging path and pick up my pace. I was running for maybe six miles when I came to a huge house in the woods. Almost as big as a mansion. I paused to look at it. The way the moonlight was hitting it, it made the house look really beautiful. Beyond the house was a huge field of wild flowers.

Feeling that same pull I look back up towards the house. I see a figure of a man on the balcony. His back was to me so I couldn't see his face but with only the moonlight I wasn't sure if I'd see it anyways. I was pretty sure he was naked.

A woman steps out of the opened balcony doors. Her face shone in the moonlight and I gasp. Starla. The woman from the store. She was definitely naked too. I really wanted to look away but I couldn't. Something was keeping my attention captured.

As I'm watching, she steps right into the man's arms. Lifting her face up she starts kissing him passionately. His arms wrap around her and he lifts her up. She wraps her legs around his waist while he turns them around to set her on the balcony railing. She throws her head back and I finally see his face. Marcellus.

Finally being able to tear my eyes away I take off the same way I came. Anger fueling me to run faster and harder. I was filled with so much anger and hurt. It was the stranger from my dreams. I wasn't even sure what he was to me besides a stranger but seeing him with her felt like a betrayal. My heart felt like it was breaking.

Unwanted tears gathered in my eyes. What the fuck is wrong with me? Blindly running up to my apartment I swipe the tears out of my eyes and unlock my door. I slam the door shut and relock it.

Walking into my room I grab a pair of black sweats and a black hoodie and clean undergarments. I walk into the bathroom. I reach into the shower and turn the hot water on. Letting it heat up before adjusting the temperature. I strip out of my jogging clothes and step into the steamy water.

I couldn't understand why I was so angry and hurt by two complete strangers. The sense of betrayal wouldn't go away either.

Shutting the shower off after I was done I step out of the shower stall and dry off. I put my clothes on and wrap a towel around my hair. I leave the bathroom and go to the kitchen to make coffee and something to eat.

I start sketching the bridesmaids dresses as I eat. I even sketch Quichea and Starla's. Seeing as they were both disappointed for not being in the wedding I designed their dresses to still fit the theme of the other dresses. This way they'll still feel apart of it even if they aren't in it. I don't know why I cared to be nice enough to do it. Quichea was a stuck up bitch and Starla unknowingly betrayed me.

I glance at the clock to see it's already one in the afternoon. I pick up my cell and dial Harper's number.

"Hello?" A voice answers breathlessly.

"Oh God. Please tell me I didn't just interrupt you and Zyair having sex!" I say mortified. Was I cursed to catch everyone in the act today? First strangers, now Harper and Zyair? Maybe it was a sign I needed to get laid too. It has been awhile now anyways.