Chapter 40

(Cora's POV)

I pulled out of a deep sleep to the sound of a phone ringing. I groan when it just continues to keep ringing.

"Ash. Ash. ASHTON!"

"Mmm."

"Answer the damn phone already." I can't keep the growl back. I was irritated to have been woken up from my sleep.

"Fuck." He rolls over and I hear him fumble with it before he finally answers. "What?"

"I'm sorry to wake you." That's all I hear before I drown out her voice. It's been three days now sense we moved into the castle. You'd think I'd be coming to better terms with the whole Samantha situation but nope. Not even a little.

I wasn't myself anymore either. I was lying to everyone. Myself included. I still haven't told Ash that I'm pregnant yet either. It just never felt like the right time or when I did get the nerve to tell him someone always interrupted.

The whole feeding off other people together wasn't working out either. Ash and I have barely had a moment to ourselves to share another feeding together. The servants didn't mind donating but Ash refused to allow me to feed off of anyone when he wasn't around.

I was going to have to tell him soon because Dr. Jonas says it isn't safe for the baby for me to continue to not take in as much blood as I should be everyday.

I bury my head under my pillow as I try to drown out their voices and go back to sleep. I was getting tired more easily everyday. My hormones were also still all over the place. My craving were weird. I kept wanting things I didn't even like.

My body was changing too. My breasts were getting bigger along with my hips. I even had a small bump already. I'm surprised Ash hasn't been able to tell just from that.

The doctor says a female vampire only carries a baby for about 1-2 months. From the ultrasound Dr. Jonas did yesterday he thinks I'm about a week along now. I really needed to tell Ash today.

Ash and I were still on rocky terms. I was trying so hard to be strong for him. To support him and accept things as they were but I couldn't keep the resentment completely out of my heart. Whenever Samantha came around I'd close up and distance myself. I wanted to be stronger for him but I didn't know how.

All of a sudden I'm running out of bed and into the bathroom. I get the toilet seat up just in time as I empty my stomach. I feel Ash come up behind me to hold my hair. He rubs my back until there's nothing left in my stomach to throw up.

He helps me stand when I'm done and helps me walk over to the bathroom sink. I rinse my mouth out with water before I put tooth paste on my tooth brush.

"Are you okay baby? Did you catch a stomach bug or something? You aren't suppose to be able to get sick."

"I'm fine, love. It was probably just something I ate. It just didn't settle right with my stomach that's all. Hurry and go to Samantha. She needs to feed."

"She'll be fine for a few minutes. Let me take care of you first." Arguing with him would be pointless so I just brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out with mouth wash.

Ash helps me back into bed when I'm done. I vaguely remember him kissing me on my forehead before I fall back to sleep.

************______________***********

️⚠️⛔ TRIGGER WARNING⛔⚠️⚠️
THIS PART OF THE STORY CONTAINS A MISCARRIAGE. PLEASE SKIP AHEAD IF MISCARRIAGE IS A TRIGGER FOR YOU!!

"Hey sleepy head are you just gonna sleep the day away?" I groan as Stella's voice wakes me up.

"What time is it?"