Chapter 10

(Marcellus's POV)

Zyair and I finally finish our business with those rogue vampires in his territory and were headed back to his house. Rogue vampires are dangerous. There's no reasoning with them. They kill until they're killed.

I couldn't keep the goofy grin off my face. I can't wait to see Cora. I haven't seen her sense that night. We have a lot to talk about. I saw her pass us on our way to confront those rogue vamps so I know she's at Zyair's house with Harper and the rest of their friends.

Finally arriving at the house, we head for the living room when we get inside. I'm instantly disappointed when I don't see Cora's beautiful face when we entered the room. She truly was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She's kind, smart, sassy, strong, courageous, and she has a hot temper but what I love most is her bravery.

Harper tells Zyair she's pregnant and we both erupt with joy. Wow they were going to be parents now. Turns out every single woman in this room besides Starla and Quichea were pregnant. Which seemed a bitch cliche. Did they plan to get pregnant together or something?

It also made me wonder if Cora wants to have kids some day or not. I hope she does.

Walking up to Harper I give her a hug and congratulate them on their pregnancy. "Where's Cora?" I can't help but ask. I expected her to come back into the living room by now. I knew she was here, her car was still in the drive way and I could smell her heady scent all over the house.

"Oh, she went to bed. Said she was tired and her stomach was bothering her a bit." She says nonchalantly. There was something in her eyes though but before I could get a better feel what it was it was gone.

"She's sick?" I ask with concern.

"No I don't really think so. She was fine when she went to the store to grab my pregnancy test but was acting a bit strange and distant when she got back." She tells me with a shrug.

"You let her go to the store. By herself. At night." I growl angrily at her. What if something had happened to her? She is human, she cannot protect herself from the dangerous beings out there.

"Watch yourself, Marcellus." Zyair growls threateningly at me. He takes a protective step closer to Harper. I ignore him though as does Harper.

"Of course not. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her. Starla and Quichea went with her." She says reassuringly. I glance at the two in question. They were laughing with Ezra and Esme about something.

"I'm going to go check on her. See if she's still awake and needs anything." I tell them over my shoulder since I'd already walked away from them.

I hope she's still up, I think to myself as I head up the stairs following her intoxicating scent. Stopping in front of the room I try to listen for any noises to indicate if she was still awake. My heart was pounding pretty hard in my ears though making it harder to concentrate.

I knock softly on the door. Not too hard in case she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up. It was loud enough to hear if she was awake though.

"Mi belleza, are you still awake?" I call out softly. Please be awake. I knock again. I sigh when I don't hear anything. Damn. I'd really hoped she'd be awake. "We can talk in the morning then, duerme bien mi  durmiente bella." I tell her softly.

Walking back downstairs I go in the direction of the kitchen instead of the living room. Cora's twin sister Collette was in there talking on the phone.

"Okay, thank you very much. Have a goodnight." She says and hangs up her phone. She turns around and lets out a small shriek as she jumps a little. "Dios! You scared the hell out of me!" She says with a shakey chuckle, her hand over her heart.