Chapter 2

"Thanks again Cora, I really do appreciate this." Harper tells me gratefully while giving me a big hug.

"You're welcome. I do still think you're crazy though to think I can pull your wedding off in a months time even though I've never planned a wedding before in my life. I need to sit down with you and Zyair so we can talk about the guest list and food and drinks. Also where you want the wedding and what time in the day you want to have it or if you want a night wedding." I tell her. There was literally so much to do and I also had my regular job to do as well.

"How about we stop over tomorrow night? What time do you get off of work?" She asks me.

"7p.m. tomorrow. The day after tomorrow I have off so I can drive over to your house if that works for you?" I tell her.

"Okay so about 8p.m. tomorrow at your house and then you come to mine the next day around 3? I'll let Zyair know when I get home."

"Sure that works for me." I agree.

They spent the whole day here so all I had to do now was clean up a little bit and lock up. Being a bridal store in a small town didn't bring a lot of business.

Walking back to Marcy's office I knock softly on the door. "Come in." She calls out.

I open the door to see her hands covering her face. "You okay Marcy?" I ask her a little concerned.

"Yes, yes I'm fine Cora. What do you need?" She replies looking up at me.

"It's 7 so I'm just gonna lock up and head home." I tell her. After considering for a second I continue saying "you know if there's anything you ever need or just need someone to talk to, I'm here for you, okay?"

"Oh wow it's 7 already?" She says with a start. Honestly I was starting to get a bit concerned for her. At first I thought maybe she was just bad at keeping the time but now I was starting to think it was something more.

"I'll walk out with you, Cora dear." She tells me.

Waiting for her to grab her purse and lock up her office up, we walk back to the front of the store together. I hold the front door opened for her and wait next to her while she locks that up too. I walk her over to her car and wait for her to drive off. My apartment was only 2 blocks away so I didn't need to drive here.

The sun was just starting to go down on my walk home, indicating fall was just around the corner. My favorite season. Crisp weather, sweatshirts, beautiful leaves, Halloween, candy, scary movies. Let's not forget Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Walking up the stairs to my apartment I unlock the door and go inside. I live alone, no roommates and no pets. Sometimes I like it but other times the loneliness of always being alone gets to me.

My apartment was pretty small. The living room had enough space for a couch and a tv, not much else, the kitchen was connected to it only a counter separating them. The kitchen was small too. Then a little hallway. One bedroom and one bathroom. I honestly didn't mind how small it was because it was just me and I got myself this apartment. No one else.

Hanging up my keys I place my purse on the coffee table and walk down the hall to my bedroom. Grabbing an oversized t-shirt and clean undies and pj shorts I walk across my room into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After I finish that I head into my kitchen.

Before I left for work this morning I threw all the ingredients for chili into the crockpot so I wouldn't have to cook anything when I got home. Let me tell you it smelled delicious.

I grab a bowl out of the cupboard. I go into the fridge and grab some shredded cheese and sour cream. Filling my bowl all the way to the top I add some cheese and sour cream. I grab the bowl, a spoon and some crackers and go sit down on my couch in the living room.

Grabbing my remote I turn netflix on and put it on a random movie. Digging into my chili I can't help but moan at the deliciousness that hits my tongue on the first bite.

I end up going back into the kitchen and fill up another bowl full of chili, cheese and sour cream again before the movie even finished. Deciding to work on her dress during my second bowl of chili I turn the TV off so I wouldn't get distracted. I wanted to devote my full attention to the dress.

I had a decent sketch done of her dress by the time I noticed it was getting pretty late. Keeping my sketch book open on the coffee table I walk into the kitchen to rinse my bowl and put away the rest of the chili. I packed some up for Marcy and her husband Harold. She didn't work tomorrow so I'd stop by her house on my way to work in the morning. She didn't live far away from the store either. Just in the other direction from me.

Her husband Harold is a sweet old man in his early 60's. Marcy was in her late 50's. They were still crazy in love with each other. I like to believe they're soulmates.

That's the kind of love I wanted for myself. As much as I craved it I wouldn't let myself build up too much hope in finding my soulmate. I didn't really believe I had a mate out there somewhere. If I did I didn't really believe I'd find him. Humans had a harder time finding their soulmates than any other species.

My twin and friends were convinced that I had one. Every time one of them found their mate, it committed them harder in trying to find mine. Now that they've all officially found theirs they devoted their free time to finding mine. It's just convinced me more and more I didn't have one the more they tried and failed.

Clearing my head of sad thoughts I shut off all the lights and head to my room to go to bed. Falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

My dreams were filled with a strange man I've never met before. One who made my blood pump hot and my heart to race.

"Who are you?" I ask him.

The dream almost felt real. He was so attractive. He was tall, around 6'3. Dark brown hair and bluish/green eyes. Fair colored skin, almost pale but not quite. Full blood red lips. He was so attractive it should be illegal.

He looked familiar somehow. He made my heart beat so fast I thought it was going to pump right out of my chest.

"Bride." He whispers while reaching for me.

I wake up with a gasp.

"What the fuck?!" I ask out loud.

______________________________________