Chapter 29

"Here you are." I smile at the sound of my mates voice but don't open my eyes to look at him.

He sits down next to me and grabs both my legs and places them onto his lap. We just sat there for a few minutes in silence while he ran his fingers on the inside of my thigh.

"I'm sorry baby I got to go. I don't know how long I'll be gone for but it shouldn't be longer than a day or two."

"Can I come with you?"

"No baby, I'm sorry. You'd be a distraction for me. I wouldn't be able to focus right."

"I thought so but had to ask anyways. Did you ask them about the job?"

"Yes. For future reference you don't need permission from them to do anything but they respect that we checked with them first. Yes, you're able to work there for as long as you want. Also even though you'd make the most amazing assassin, no one is willing to risk your life like that. It's off the table."

"I guess I can understand that. However I don't want to be treated like I'm breakable either Ash. That will drive me crazy faster than anything else will."

"I know baby. I think that's why they agreed about the job. I believe it's also why they made me promise to reassure you that you don't need permission from them further in the future."

"When do you leave?" I hold my breath as I wait for his answer.

"Tonight."

"Tonight? But what about the ball? Baby I don't want to go without you."

"I'll be able to attend maybe two hours of it before I have to leave. So don't worry. Stella will be there too."

"I wish that made me feel better."

I know I sound childish but I really can't help it. I didn't know anyone here. Aside from Seb and Stella. But they don't even live here.

Even though I meet the elders I didn't know them. Let alone trust them. I know I also have to get used to this happening. Ash can't just quit being their assassin because I don't want to be left alone.

Grumbling at myself to grow up and get over it I stand up. Maybe tomorrow after work I could work in the garden. It desperately needed weeding and trimming done. There was a lot of beautiful flowers in here you couldn't even see because the weeds were so bad.

"Where are you going baby?"

"To our room. I have to see if I have an appropriate dress to wear to this ball tonight or if I need to go buy one."

Ash gets up as well and laces our fingers together. We walk to our room in silence. I still have to explore this fortress too. I literally only knew how to get to our room, the dinning hall, and that grand meeting room.

Ash walks into our room first. I shut the door behind me and head right for our closet. After going through every single dress I bought I sigh in defeat that I don't have the right dress for tonight.

Walking out of the closet I spot a forest green gown laying across the bed. It was absolutely beautiful. I walk over to it to examine it better. As I run my fingers lightly over it, I sigh at the silky softness of the material.

It was sleeveless and high necked. Though when I pick it up I see the back is completely opened. Holding it up against me I notice it will drag on the floor a little unless I wear 4-6 inch heels.

"Do you like it? The elders got it as a gift for you."

"It's beautiful."

"Here let me see it." He gently takes it from my hands and lays it over a chair.

As he's walking back over to me he pulls his shirt off and drops it to the floor. He starts to unbutton his pants.

"What are you doing?" My voice has gone husky as need and desire rushes through my veins.

"I'm not gonna see you for a few days baby. I want to worship your body while I can."

I had my own clothes off by the time he reached me. Vampire speed sure came in handy. I was left in my bra and panties. I bit my lip as Ash grips my hips.

I was expecting him to lift me onto his waist so I was caught off guard when he picked me up and threw me onto the bed. I couldn't stop giggling as I bounced up and down.

We make love. Ash was very thorough in his worshipping my body like he said he was going to. I did the same to him. It was nice to forget the world for awhile and just bond and focus on us.

After we were done we both go to the bathroom to take a shower. When we're done I wrap a towel around myself. I blow dry my hair and turn my straightener on. I put light makeup on as the straightener is heating up. Just some eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.

I straighten my hair and check myself in the mirror. I looked different but a good different. My eyes still had a reddish tint to them. Almost like they were the color of a rusty brown now. Other than that I pretty much still looked the same.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Ash laid my dress across the bed again. I just finished slipping it on when Ash came out of the closet. I snap the button at the back of my neck and turn around to face him.

"So how do I look?" I do little twirl and pose when I face him again. He looks me up and down. His face intense and his eyes filling with desire.

"Beautiful baby." His voice is deliciously rumbly and deep. I bite my lip as I do my own inspection of him.

He's wear a suit and my god does he look stunningly handsome in it. It was black and his dress shirt underneath was the same color as my dress. He was a little scruffy but I liked it.

I step closer to him. "You look so good it should be illegal." I stand on my tiptoes to kiss him lightly on the lips and he grips the back of my neck to deepen the kiss.

It was quickly getting heated between us when there was a knock at the door interrupting us. Sighing he pulls away to answer it.

"The elders would like to see you before the ball." Mr. Keeney tell him.

"Come on babygirl. You can come with me. But you'll have to wait outside the room."

"Okay."

I slip on my heels before I walk over to him. Lacing our fingers together we walk to the same meeting room we were in before. I patiently wait outside for Ash. I was hoping to hear what they were talking about but I couldn't hear anything. I think the room is soundproof.

About twenty minutes later Ash finally comes back out looking grim. "Everything okay babe?"

He walks over to me and cups my face. He stares at me in my eyes for a bit, not saying anything. He gently kisses me and then let's me go. Lacing his fingers with mine again he leads me away from there to what I'm assuming is the ballroom.

Before we step inside he stops and turns towards me. "Here I almost forgot." He hands me a cellphone. "My number along with Seb, Stella, Mr. Keeney, and our personal driver is already in it. Oh and also Harper, Zyair, and your sister's numbers as well."

"Thank you." I give him a grateful smile. I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him lightly on his cheek.

"Message or call me whenever you need to baby. I'm serious. I don't care if I'll be away on a mission. If you need me I'll be here. No matter how far away I am."

His words warm my heart in a way nobody else ever could before. I loved this vampire more than anything else in this world. He meant to me more than anything or anyone else ever could. Even more than my twin sister.

"I love you." I tell him for the first time. I watch his eyes light up.

"I love you too baby." He kisses me passionately before pulling back. "Alright I think it's time we go in now or I'm going to take you back to our room and lock us both away."

"I don't hate that idea." I say with a flirty smile. He chuckles and laces our fingers back together once again. The doors open up for us and the doormen give us smiles just before we're announced to the whole ballroom.

This should be interesting.

______________________________________