Chapter 7

Walking back inside I go straight to the line to order. I avoid looking in Quichea and Starla's direction. I knew they were still there because I could feel their glares on me.

Honestly it irked me with how much they seemed to dislike me. I literally have done nothing to them and yet the minute they laid eyes on me it was hate at first sight. I'm sure they now know I'm Marcellus's mate and that probably didn't make it any better.

I didn't really care about their opinions of me. It just showed what kind of people they are to judge someone on sight instead of getting to know them. Even though they now seemed to be consistent beings in my life it doesn't mean I have to actually talk to them or anything.

Lifting my chin and keeping my glaze forward. I start to wonder what kind of man Marcellus is. How can anyone really be attracted to people like them. How could he have sex with someone as shallow as her. Is that really the kind of women he liked? If so I am not the one for him, mate or not.

I glance at him to see him already staring at me. I start to blush a little when he doesn't stop his staring. He gives me another cocky smirk. Rolling my eyes at him I ask "see something you like?" Stupid I know. His smile grows bigger.

"Si." He purrs at me making me blush harder.

"So were you serious about wanting to share the pizza with me or did you want something else?" I ask him to change the subject. I wasn't really mean enough to eat the whole pizza to myself. Especially if he's going to watch me do it.

He runs his glaze slowly down my body, then back up again at the same pace. When his eyes finally reach mine they're full of desire and lust. My heart slows down and then picks up speed almost beating out of my chest. He steps closer to me and leans down to whisper in my ear.

"What I really want isn't on the menu... yet. So pizza will have to do for now." His rumbling whisper against my ear causes goosebumps to erupt all over my body. His words finally register in my slow working brain and heat pools in my core. I unconsciously clench my thighs together. Holy fuck I've never been so turned on before just by simple words.

When he finally steps back his eyes are so smothering I feel like I'm going to catch on fire. I look away but made the mistake of glancing in Quichea and Starla's direction. They were both staring at us. Disgust clear on their faces. It was an instant mood killer. Clenching my jaw hard together I face forward again. Someday soon I was going to confront them. Just not now in a crowded pizzeria.

Marcellus however notices the change in my mood and glances over at them too. They changed their expressions quick before he could see them and smiled at him. Fake dumb bitches. I gross my arms to hide my now clenched fists.

Seeing it's finally our turn to order I step up to the counter. Cami of course looks surprised to see me.

"Yeah I know. I dropped my pizza outside so I need another one. This time I'm gonna eat it here so I don't risk dropping it again." I say with a little laugh. "Make it a large instead though please. You remember what I got on it?" I ask her but not rudely.

"Yeah I remember, it's no problem Cora. I'm only going to charge you the difference in size though sense you dropped it while you were still on our property." She tells me with a wink.

"Really you don't have to do that. I don't mind paying for another one. It was completely my fault, not yours or the company's." I argue.

"It's actually in our policy so yes I do have to do that." She says with a big smile. Returning her smile I thank her. I order a drink for me and Marcellus orders alcohol for himself. I tell her we'd be in the same booth I was hiding in before.