Chapter 12

I was secretly happy Harper was having an evening wedding. I stayed up until 4 in the morning making sure everyone's dresses were perfect. Even Starla and Quichea's too.

Thankfully I got a couple hours of sleep before I realized I forgot to hire people to decorate the church and the dinning hall at the hotel we rented for the reception.

"Good morning, are you ready for today?" I ask Harper giving her a huge smile which she returns quickly.

"Yes! Thank goddess it's finally here. I feel like it's been years instead of just one whole month!" She exclaims with a laugh.

"Not for me it hasn't." I say with my own laugh. She sticks her tongue out at me which I quickly return the gesture. I sit down at the dinning room table and grab a blueberry muffin. Harper frowns at me as I pour myself some coffee.

"That's all you're eating Cor? I didn't see you eat much yesterday either. You know I asked Mrs. Greene to make sausage gravy and biscuits just for you. Your favorite." She says pushing all of it closer to me. I shake my head while I take a quick sip of my coffee.

"Thank you Harper but you really didn't have to. I don't have time to eat all that. I gotta get over to the church and start setting up for your wedding. It'll take hours." I tell her.

"No. You have plenty of time to eat it. That's why you hired people to do it." She tells me sternly. See I told you she will make a great mom.

I shake my head at her again. "I hired professionals to help me but some of them bailed so I have to go and help so I know everything will be perfect for you." I lie smoothly. No one bailed because I forgot to hire them.

Finishing my coffee, I grab my muffin and stand up. "I gotta get going but I'll see you there soon! Love you Harpy!" I yell over my shoulder as I rush out of the room before she can stop me.

"Woah! Morning Cora." Sariah says as I almost run into her. Her, Alena and Quichea are just coming into the room as I was rushing out.

"Good morning!" I call out to them as I rush by.

Quickly taking a shower and getting dressed I grab my purse, phone, and keys and head out. I actually only had two people helping me. So I needed all the time I could get. Thankfully it was only 7 in the morning and no one else was using the church we reserved.

I really couldn't believe I forgot to hire people for the decorating part. No problem, I would get it done.

Arriving at the Church I was glad to see my two helpers were already here. I give them a huge smile of gratitude. "Let's get to it!" I tell them cheerfully. Fake it til you make it right?

We surprisingly finish the church in record time. It only took us about 3 hours to get it all done. I let them grab lunch on the way over to the hotel the reception was going to be at. I asked them to grab me a chicken salad sandwich while I went ahead to get started.

I had all the tables done by the time they got there. They were already set up so I only had to do the table clothes, plates, napkins, glasses, silverware, and chairs. We still had so much to do though. I took a quick break to eat my sandwich.

It was 4:30 by the time we were done. "Damnit. I gotta hurry up and get to the church to get ready. Thank you guys so much! There's envelopes on the counter for you for all your hard work!" I say to them as I rush back out to my car.

By the time I got to the church it was 4:40. Twenty minutes to hurry up and get ready.

"Oh thank God! There you are!" A lady says grabbing me by the arm and dragging me into a room. "I only have 20 minutes to get you ready." She tells me.