Chapter 13

I start up the car and drive us over to the hotel. It's only a 10 minute drive but it feels a hell of a lot longer when Marcellus places his hand on my thigh. I don't make him move it though. I like his touch and I wouldn't ever feel it again after tonight.

I was starting to have doubts. He was acting like he wasn't playing games with me. He wasn't acting like I was just entertainment to him. He was acting like I was important to him and meant something to him. His feelings and actions felt genuinely real.

Would I be blind to see the truth? Would I be able to see if he was just playing me? I felt like I would be able to tell the difference.

"Marcellus am I just a game to you?" I ask him without looking over at him.

"No, mi amor, you are not a game to me. Why do you ask?" He asks with what sounds like genuine confusion. I glance at him and his face says the same.

"After that night, the one with us making out in my hallway outside my apartment, why didn't you call me? Or stop over?" I ask him instead of answering his question.

"Zyair had rogue vamps in his territory. I was helping him out with it. I'm sorry Cora, I should of got your number sooner to call and explain that. I'm not used to having to explain my actions or whereabouts with anyone. I'll work on that though. For us. Because you're important to me. I want us to work out, so please don't ignore me anymore. We just got to work on our communication, si?"

I couldn't answer right away. My mind was like a storm with everything he just told me. My anger was also out of control and he wasn't the one I wanted to take it out on. He didn't deserve my anger. Starla and Quichea played me and they were going to pay for it. Psycho bitches or not.

I park the car in the parking lot and finally turn to Marcellus. There was still something else I had to know. "Do you really have a twin brother?"

"Sì. You think I lied that I do?" He asks while looking out the window. When he turned to look back at me he gives me a calculated look.

"Starla told me you don't." I look away from him. He starts to laugh. I look quickly back over at him.

"So you're just going to believe everything Starla tells you now?" I shake my head no.

"I got to go check on the caterer's but we'll talk more after okay?" I tell him with an apologetic smile.

"Of course, I'm not going anywhere. Take care of what you have to and we'll talk after." He says with a reassuring smile. I lean over and softly kiss his cheek before I get out of the car. I think I took him by surprise because he just sat there for a few minutes instead of getting out with me.

By the time I was entering the building he was getting out of the car. I glance over my shoulder at him. He looks a little bewildered and I can't help but laugh at him.

"Hi. Could you direct me to who's in charge of the catering please?" I ask a young man. The way he was dressed I was assuming he was one of the waiters for tonight.

"Yeah, she's in the back through those doors." He tells me while pointing to the doors he's talking about.

"Thank you." I tell him before I make my way to the back.

"No problem." He calls after me.

Walking through the doors I look for a woman who would seem to be in charge sense he didn't give me a name. I spot her right away. She was talking to three young ladies, an older woman, and three men.

I walk over to them but stay off to the side. I didn't want to interrupt whatever she was directing them to do. They glance over at me however and the woman frowns.