Chapter 21

I woke up wrapped in a soft fluffy comforter on a huge bed. I stretch my body out, trying to loosen tightened muscles. My stomach felt queasy and I was a little light headed. I can't even remember the last time I had a proper meal. The smell of sausage and bacon motivate me to get out of bed.

It took me a bit to remember where I was and what happened. Thankfully Marcellus didn't seem to be in the room. From the looks of his side of the bed I don't think he stayed in here with me last night. That means he stay with that woman from last night.

Swinging my legs over the bed I stand up too quickly and have to catch my balance by grabbing onto the bed. When my balance comes back to I slowly make my way for the door. The smell of food was my sole motivation.

The scent of food finally leads me to the kitchen where I find Marcellus laughing and cooking with that mysterious woman.

I stand there and watch them for a few minutes. Neither of them notice me right away. As the woman lightly slaps Marcellus on the arm and keeps her hand there my anger starts to build. I narrow my eyes. He doesn't even remove her hand from him. But why would he? He had no idea I was standing right here.

I take a minute to study the woman. She was a werewolf and she was as beautiful as they come. She has an attractive body to go with her beautiful looks. If I was a shady person I could hate her on that alone.

Finally noticing me Marcellus turns towards me with a smile on his face. His eyes are bright in happiness. I feel a pang in my heart because I'm not the one who caused that happiness. I start to doubt I ever did.

I blame myself for what I was now going through. I didn't know him, yet I had stupidly allowed myself to fall in love with him.

It irked me that another woman made him that happy. Jealousy was a strong feeling. And boy did I have it bad.

I quickly build up a security wall around me before he can sense anything coming from me. I completely block him out. I know the bond wasn't there anymore so he shouldn't be able to sense anything but it was more for my own protection than anything else.

He frowns at me and my heart gives another pang when I see guilt cross his face. "Mi belleza, what's wrong?"

Shifting my glaze from him to the woman, I see she's focused on me too. She doesn't look thrilled that I interrupted them but nevertheless gives me a polite smile. I don't return it. Her smile slowly melts into a frown.

Before I can answer his question however Collette enters the kitchen with a small baby boy in her arms. My face instantly lights up. "Oh my goddess you had your baby! And I missed it!" I exclaim as I rush over to her.

"You're finally up. I've been dying to wake you up myself but Marc wouldn't let me. Goddess Cora I've missed you so much! And look at you. You're even more beautiful now than you were before, if that's even possible." She says with a light chuckle.

I look at the newborn in her arms. He was absolutely beautiful and perfect. He looked just like his father but with Collette's eyes and nose. He was truly precious. "Can I hold him? What's his name?"

"Connor James Gilson." She says as she carefully places him in my arms. It was incredible how tiny and light he was. I fell instantly in love with him.

"Anytime you need a babysitter just let me know. I'll gladly take him off your hands anytime." I tell her without looking away from my nephew. Gods, holding him made me yearn to have one of my own.

Loud laughter caught my attention and I glance up to see Marcellus and that fucking woman whispering and laughing together again. My anger was back and then some.