Chapter 8

It's 9 in the morning when I wake up. I was a little disappointed Marcellus didn't show up in my dreams last night. We really needed to talk.

I was having mixed feelings. I felt shitty I didn't let him explain to me that who I really saw that morning was his brother and not him. I got caught up in my own feelings and was just trying to protect myself from getting more hurt.

I already really like him and am eager to get to know him better. I know that I wasn't lying last night when I said he didn't scare me. Him being a vampire doesn't scare me. He's more than just a vampire. He's a man too. A very attractive man. I don't mean just his looks either even if our chemistry was through the roof.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts I finally get my lazy ass out of bed. Deciding to skip my morning jog, I head straight for the shower. Once I'm finished with that I pull on a pair of black yoga pants and a loose plain white t-shirt.

Walking out of my room I head for the kitchen to make some coffee. While that's brewing I grab a frying pan to make some eggs and pop some bread into the toaster.

After eating my breakfast and having two cups of coffee I clean up the kitchen. Grabbing the materials I need from the hallway closet I finally get to work on my maid of honor dress.

I'm kinda glad I already went over most of the design with Harper before she chose me as her maid of honor. I've always struggled with designing dresses for myself. It shouldn't be too hard finishing the design now.

Taking a break for lunch I can't help but wonder when I'm going to see Marcellus again. I like that when I'm designing something or bringing my designs to life through material, my mind is solely forced on my work. Now that I'm taking a break however my mind is swarming with thoughts. I eat my lunch and get back to my work.

I'm about three quarters done with my dress when I decide to go to bed. To say I was disappointed Marcellus didn't come to my apartment or figure out a way to get ahold of me was an understatement. I know I could go to his place but I didn't want to run into Starla or his brother. I wasn't sure how Marcellus would react if I just showed up either. Maybe he felt the same way?

Not bothering to change my clothes, I climb into bed and let my mind wander until I fall asleep. When I wake up again I look at the clock to see it's only 7 in the morning.

My heart gives a painful clench when Marcellus still didn't visit me in my dreams again last night. Feeling a bit discouraged I fall back to sleep. When I open my eyes again. It's 11 a.m.

Shutting my brain off I go to the kitchen to brew some coffee. I take a quick shower. Putting on some skinny jeans and a warm sweatshirt and some fuzzy socks when I'm done. I throw my hair up into a high ponytail and get to work on my dress.

Today is Friday and I was thankful for that. I couldn't wait to see my sister and the rest of my girls. I'd work on my dress until about 2 p.m. and then head out to Harper's.

Making myself some grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch, I call Harper while the sandwiches are cooking.

"Hey Cora!" She answers on the second ring.

"Hey Harper, I'm gonna leave here around 2, that good with you?"

"Of course! Alena is already here. Sariah is on her way now. Ezra and Collette are coming around the same time as you and Esme isn't coming until 6." She informs me.

"Alena and Sariah are already there? Actually let me pack up and head over now, I can start working on your dresses when I get there and then my sister's, Esme's, and Ezra's when they come." I tell her while I take my now done grilled cheese sandwiches out of the frying pan.

"Sounds good to me babe. See you soon!" She says excitedly. I was pretty sure she was more excited to see her dress though then she was to see me. I chuckle to myself.

I quickly clean up the kitchen and eat one of my grilled cheeses while I go into my room to grab my bag I packed yesterday. The dresses were already in my car so I didn't have to worry about loading them in.

Grabbing my keys and purse, I shut off all the lights and head out the door. Pausing before I locked it, I open it back up and go back to the kitchen for my other sandwich. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to eat the soup with it but oh well.

I finish it by the time I reach my car. Starting it up I head off to Harper's house. About 20 minutes from her house I call her again.

"You better not be talking on the phone while you're driving." She growls at me when she answers.

"I'm using hands free, no worries." I reassure her.

"Better be. So what's up?" She's asks.

"I'm almost to your house, just wanted to call and see if you needed me to stop anywhere to pick anything up before I get there?"

"No we pretty much have everything here. We went shopping yesterday but thank you." She tells me graciously.

"Alright, I'll see you in about 15 minutes." I say before I hang up.

When I'm about 3 minutes away from her house I see Marcellus and Zyair drive past me. I waved to Zyair because he waved to me but Marcellus's expression made my heart drop. He looked so indifferent to me. What did I do wrong?

Feeling my whole mood shift, I just sit in my car for a few minutes when I park in Harper's driveway. What did I do to make him look at me like that? Absolutely nothing. I didn't do anything wrong to him. If he wanted to be indifferent to me then I could be indifferent to him too.

Lifting my chin I grab my bag from the passenger seat and get out of the car. I refuse to allow myself to feel down over any guy. Mate or not. I refuse to allow that short glance ruin my day/night here.

Harper opens her front door and steps out. Sariah and Alena are right behind her. "Mind helping me carry some dresses inside?" I ask them with a hopeful smile.

Oh yeah I was definitely not going to let anything ruin this. That was my thought just before Starla and Quichea walk out of the house too.

Great. Just fucking great.

____________________________________

*Sorry this chapter is sooo boring 😭🤦‍♀️ the next one will be better! Hopefully anyways 🤞🤣 I also noticed I write a lot about Cora eating food 🤦‍♀️ I thinks it's because I'm ALWAYS hungry when I'm writing lmao I'll try to be more mindful of it!