Chapter 38

"Oh shit." Stella breaths out before she slaps a hand over her mouth.

"Mommy that's a bad word!" Belle reprimands her. I can't stop the giggle that slips out.

"I'm sorry baby. It was an accident." She says apologetically to her daughter.

"It's okay mommy. I forgive you." Belle gives her mom a hug. She was the sweetest little girl. My heart aches watching her. I unconsciously place my hand on my stomach.

If I am pregnant I wonder if I'll have a boy or a girl. It was a bitter sweet thought. I decided I'm gonna find out if I am or not before I tell Ash. I also decided we're going to sit down and talk about Samantha. I wanted to know how he was feeling about the whole situation.

I'm pulled myself out of my thoughts when we finally arrive to our new home. My breath catches as I open the door to get out. Ash is already out of the SUV he rode in and is now walking over to me.

My entire focus was on the view in front of me but I could see him getting closer from the corner of my eye. I don't say anything when he finally makes it to my side. I'm completely speechless for a second.

"A castle? You bought me a fucking castle?"

I couldn't help the swear word from coming out. Thankfully Belle was already running towards the castle and couldn't hear me to reprimand me like she did her mother.

The castle was huge. Build completely in stones and bricks. Instead of the typical grey or rusty red colors though it was completely black. I can't help but wonder how they managed that.

From the outside it looks like it's been abandoned for years. There were wild flowers everywhere. Vines and ivies growing on a couple sides of the castle walls reaching as far as the rooftops. There was a broken fountain in the front. It was so bad I couldn't tell what the original statue in the had originally been.

With how bad the outside was I was a bit anxious and nervous to see how bad the inside was.

"Seriously Ash? A castle?"

"You're a Queen now, babygirl. You deserve nothing less."

"A King as well." Because let's not forget if I was to be Queen he is King.

"Do you like it?" I turn to face him all the way.

Did I like it? No. I love it. Yes it had a crazy amount of work it needed done to it but it was still beautiful. It was also a bit overwhelming but more so exciting.

"I love it just as much as I love you."

He pulls me into him as kisses me passionately. I kiss him back just as good as he was giving. I think he needed to hear that I still loved him. He needed the reassurance I wouldn't give up on us when things were turning hard.

As if I would ever do that. Even if he wasn't my mate I wouldn't give up on him. Yes it is his fault he got another female pregnant. Yes he should of been more cautious and used some type of protect. It is what it is though and we would get through this together.

"I love you so much, Cora." He says as he leans his forehead against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck. We stay like that for a few minutes until someone clears their throat to get our attention.

I stiffen as I glance over to see Samantha staying a little behind Connor. Why was she here? I was having a hard time trying to control my demon and for once Ash's touch wasn't helping. I try to move away from him but his grip on me tightens.

I'm trying hard to hold back the growl that's building in my chest but it slips out a little bit. It was a softer sound then I thought it was going to be. Samantha's face whitens as she moves behind Connor a little more.