Chapter 34

I stand in front of Saharrah. Slightly bent forward in defense. My anger was building, drowning out the fear I felt a second again.

"You are not taking her." I hiss at the five elders in front of me.

They thought they were going to be able to just take Saharrah when she awoke as a vampire. To study her as they try to claim. As if they've never seen or experience female vampires before. Trying to act like she's some kind of experiment to them.

They don't realize sense coming into my own power with my demon I can smell the lies on them. I can read it behind their eyes. I hear it in their voices. Their nonchalance and blank looks weren't fooling me. I could see the hunger for more power behind Mare's and Zack's eyes. Feel it coming off of them in waves.

What they would gain from having Saharrah was beyond me. I wasn't going to allow them to take her though. I might have sired her, turning her into a vampire but she still had free will. If she did not want to go with them she would not be forced to.

Zack stands up from his seat. I see Apollo ready himself from the corner of my eye. My main focus was on Zack and Mare. The two vilest vampires in this room.

I crouch lower. My own power building I flash my fangs in a warning hiss at him. If he so much as dared to move towards us I would destroy him.

I watch in satisfaction as he hesitates. My power hitting him. He didn't disguise the doubt and fear in his eyes quick enough before I read them in his eyes.

A door opens in the back of the room and everyone freezes. Zeke casually walks in. He pauses when he notices my stance against his brethren. Confusion quickly fills his eyes as a frown forms on his face.

As his eyes slide from his brother to me and then behind me to Saharrah his expression goes from confusion to shock. He straightens himself up to his full height as wonder builds in his eyes. He takes a step towards us and I let him. Something in his posture and expression reassured me he wasn't a threat to us.

"Bride." He states with a growl building in his voice. It was now my turn to be shocked. I turn to see Saharrah staring at Zeke intensely. Her face full of wonder and curiosity. They were mates?

After a few more seconds Zeke tears his glaze away from her and settles on Zack and Mare. He narrows his eyes at them. "What's going on?"

All the elders were shocked. Mare and Zack were both angry too. It wasn't shocking to see Mare angry but it was seeing Zack angry. He was Zeke's brother. Zylar was as well. Zeke was the youngest of the three being born last after Zack and then Zylar.

I glance at Zylar to see him studying Zack. I watch his expression turn to anger as well. At first I thought it was in favor of Zeke but realization quickly dawns on me as he turns a glare to him.

What the fuck was wrong with these guys? They seriously couldn't be happy for their brother for finding his bride? Of course not because that ruins whatever plans they had for Saharrah.

"She is truly your bride?" Zack asks him instead of answering his question.

"She is." He states with conviction as he starts to make his way over to us. Seeing as he wasn't a threat to us I allow him to claim his place next to his bride as I refocus on the rest of the elders.

I glance at Apollo who quickly hides his jealousy behind a nonchalant expression. I didn't blame him. He was still mateless himself so it was understandable why he would feel jealousy that Zeke just found his.

"Bring her to us brother." Zack demands his brother.

"No."

"No?"