Chapter 28

I wake up with Ash wrapped around me. It made me feel safe, warm and content. This is how I wanted to wake up every morning. I run my finger lightly up and down his arm as I think about everything that's happened in the last couple of days.

Four days ago I was turned into a vampire. Which made me the first female vampire in a millennium. I was stronger, faster, and could heal quickly now.

What I've come to realize is that even though I could eat food, unlike the male vampires I need more blood to survive. They can go months without it. I can only go a day or so without it.

I found my true mate. I was so thankful for him too. He treats me with respect. He cherishes me. He is protective of me. He treats me as his equal, most times anyways. He does everything a mate is suppose to do.

I was hopelessly in love with him.

We stayed up late last night watching movies and getting to know each other. He grew up with three older brothers. A mother and a father. None of them are alive today but that's life and the price of being immortal. You out live your mortal loved ones.

Hes does however have a living cousin. Who he happened to turn vampire. His cousin had seeked him out after hearing rumors he was a vampire. Anyways long story short his cousin convinced him to turn him and he did. They're very close. His cousin is one of the elders personal guard. Though Ash says hes trying to get the position as their fourth assassin.

The elders were throwing an honorary ball for me. The other two assassins and the elders personal guards and mates were going to be there. Along with some of their close friends and family.

Two of the elders, Apollo and Zeke are not mated. When they heard about me I guess they had hoped one of them would be my destined mate or that I'd mate one of them even if they weren't.

"Mmmm." Ash groans as he shifts his lower body harder against my ass. I rub my ass against him a bit more, teasing him. I smile when he groans again and grabs my hips pulling me even harder against him.

"Good morning to you too."

"Mmmm." Is his reply before he has me on my back and is on top of me. "Morning baby girl."

With one smooth stroke he's all the way inside me, making me gasp. He makes slow, sweet love to me.

Just as we both find our release there's a knock at the door. Ash groans as he rolls off of me. "What?"

I just pulled the covers up as the door is thrown open.

"What the fuck Seb?" Ash growls out. He checks to make sure I'm properly covered. Satisfied I am he turns his attention back to the man standing against the now closed door.

"Sorry cuzzo didn't mean to interrupt your morning fun." He tries to study me but it's not easy with the blanket covering me.

"Keep trying to eye rape my bride like that Seb and I'll gouge your fucking eyes out." My mate says threateningly. I watch Seb's face drop.

"Your bride? This is your bride?" The disbelief in his tone couldn't be more apparent.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you but I'm currently naked under these blankets and feel extremely uncomfortable. Do you mind leaving so I can get dressed please?"

"Of course. Please forgive my rudeness." I sigh when the door closes behind him.

Throwing the blankets off me I stand up and quickly go to the closet to grab clothes. I grab a pair of white leggings and a baby pink sweatshirt I leave the closet and walk over to my dresser. I grab a baby pink colored bra and a matching thong. I'm not a big fan of thongs but when wearing leggings they're a necessity.