Chapter 33

(Ashton's POV)
(An hour before Cora calls.)

"Seb. Go around the back. Find a way to get into the upstairs window without being seen." I breath into my ear piece.

It was way easier doing this on my own. Observing an assassin on his first mission is not my forte. I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so I could get back home to Cora. And because of that I was impatient and moody.

We just arrived an hour ago. The target was home so we were trying to figure out where he was in the house and what he was doing. Or rather Seb was sense this is his mission.

I don't like assassinating a man with a family but this family would do better without him. He was having affairs on his wife. He even had two other families in this same city. It was a big city but you would think they'd have run into each other at some point.

Aside from that he was still sleeping with other women as well. The guy also had a gambling and drug problem. Vampires can't get drunk or high but if you drink the blood of an alcoholic or addict it will get you high and drunk for a few hours.

This vampire has gotten himself in a bad situation with some bad people. Bargained his life for an elders daughters. He was going to kidnap her and turn her over to them so all will be forgotten where he's concerned. Or so he thinks. They'll kill him the second he hands her over but I won't allow that to happen. The plan is to take him out before their plan can be set into motion.

We know he's home. His family is away which leaves us the perfect opportunity to take him out now. Seb is going to sneak in and assess the situation.

Just as he goes in I feel my phone vibrate. I remember a few minutes later how it could of been Cora.

Taking it out of my pocket I see that it was her and quickly message her back. It wasn't an emergency but anything involving her is important to me.

Not long after that she calls me and I answer on the first ring. I'm shocked as hell to find out she's the vampire Queen.

"He's sleeping. I'm going to follow through with the plan." Seb says so quietly through the ear piece I almost missed it.

"Affirmative."

The plan is to kill him in his sleep and then make it look like a robbery gone wrong. I impatiently wait for Seb to get it done. We don't go out in pairs for an assassination. Things get messy that way which is why I'm just here observing him. Making sure he gets the job done effectively and efficiently.

After about 20 minutes he finally comes back out of the window. Watching him climb back down the tree he makes his way over to me. He pauses in front of me and I give him a look.

"What?"

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

He thinks about it for a minute before comprehension lights his face. "Right."

Walking quietly back over to the house he approaches the back door. He breaks the glass in the window next to the door and carefully reaches his hand in to unlock it.. He props the door opened a little before he makes his way over to me again.

I open the bond between me and Cora as we head back to the car and am hit with her shock and confusion. Her rage is what sends me into an anxiety attack especially when her demon blocks me out.

Something was happening. I tried to call her but she wasn't picking up. She was still blocking me out as well. Trying to control my panic I call the only elder I can fully trust.

"Apollo. Have you heard yet?"

"That your bride is the Queen of vamps? Yeah we were all just informed by Zeke."