10. Sparkle

Jungkook's POV
Since the day I talked with dad, my heart has
withered and swayed in every direction. Not to mention, my mind has been occupied with so many thoughts in which I can't focus on anything.

I guessed occupying myself with training will do the job but it certainly backfired. I just got worked up even more and became extremely tired.

Not to mention I can't bring myself to even engage with the others and particularly with Taehyung as he seems to have become my inclusive pack member's favourite human boy.

Just like today, Jimin caught me red-handed when he cornered me with a confrontation. I knew I can't lie, I hate to hide the truth as well. I tried to speak very minimally in the hope he won't grill me further.

The good thing was the elephant in the room quickly disappeared at that time when I saw Taehyung arriving with another human, who looks like his brother. It must be, as dad called me in his study this morning, informing me about Yoongi.

Jimin was like a different person a second ago, he leapt towards Taehyung, leaving me behind. The next I know, he was walking towards us with Taehyung in his arms.

Tae didn't look good in Jimin's arm though, I think he will look better in mine.

Shit.

This is another major reason I kept my distance with Taehyung. It's like he is invading my mind day and night, making me question the drastic change in myself since the day I met him. Since the time dad spoke to me and mention how important he is to me, my mind went bedazzled.

It's not helping my situation that Taehyung is an extremely attractive human being. He is one of the most handsome men I have ever seen and it's weird how he looks beautiful at the same time.

Us werewolves and part humans, we don't have pre-fixed sexuality. We go by the norm of finding a mate for ourselves or someone predestined in special bonds by the moon goddess.

Often, it's the true alphas who stands a chance to identify their true mates as it helps with leading the pack as a more powerful combo. Alphas who are blessed can do the same, which is why Namjoon got the chance to identify Jin as his other half.

Hence why everyone is practically waiting for the day when I find my true mate. Unfortunately, not like any fanfic or fantasy, it doesn't work like that in my story. For me to find my mate, it has to be on a full moon, on the night I turn 21. I guess there is still time.

Back to my resilience with Tae, I knew I can't keep the facade for long. After all, I promised I will look after him with dad and Jimin.

I swallowed hard, watching him approaching with Jimin, looking dashing as usual. The only thing I can afford beside my confused brain and heart is a weak smile.

Which, after a week of not properly paying attention to Taehyung, I finally manage to flash him a weak but sincere smile.

Damn, has he looked so fucking attractive since day 1 or is it just my eyes having withdrawal symptoms taking it all in?

"Hey Kooks."

"H-hye."

I can't be stuttering now in front of him, I'm a fucking true Alpha. Not that it matters to him as my wolf powers and authority doesn't work on him.

I watch Taehyung walking ahead with Jimin, the blond head still holding onto his waist while my brother and the rest follow suit.

I still hate Jimin's arms around his waist.

.

Taehyung's POV

It's been a week since I joined Shadow College. Surprisingly, I'm happy being here. A majority of the credit should go to Jimin and the other Hyungs coz they made me feel welcomed.