34. The Poisonous Temptation

Taehyung's mind was confused beyond repair. As he was sitting in his class trying his might to keep his attention focused on the lecturer's every word, his mind grew stronger with the tendency to daydream about something (someone) else.

Jungkook.

His mind was overwhelmed with the thought of the raven head. Personally, Taehyung didn't like how he reacted towards the raven head boy. He knew he wasn't in a good mood when they last departed but it doesn't mean he has to behave like a douche towards Jungkook.

"I'm such an ass."

"Huh? Did you say something Taehyung?" Jay leaned in as soon as he noticed Tae was mumbling something incoherently.

The brown head shakes his head with a small smile adorning his sweet lips. Sighing in defeat, he turned his attention back to the screen in front of him, cheeks resting on the palm of his hands.

.

"Aren't you gonna head to the cafeteria?"

Jay was packing his back when he noticed Taehyung was not packing his.

"Nope, I need to do something. I'll take my leave for the rest of the day."

"Are you gonna skip your lunch and classes Taehyung?"

"I can catch up with the recorded clips online. There isn't much to lose anyways. I'll be leaving now, bye Jay."

The other male sulked feeling annoyed on how Taehyung was shrugging him off. Taehyung was supposed to be staying with him and not running away.

"But Taehyung-..."

"Bye Jay."

Tae took his bag and notes in his arms and left the lecture hall, he didn't even pack them properly as he was rushing to leave the room. As soon as he was out, Tae rushed to his car and threw his belongings on the back seat.

He fished out his phone and dialled on a number he was familiar at the beat of his heart.

"Tae?"

"Meet me at Brother's Cafe."

Taehyung sent a text to his brother that he will be leaving earlier for some personal matter and didn't bother to wait for a reply before driving out of the campus.

"This boy is gonna be getting into trouble in no time." Yoongi sighed as he read the message sent by Taehyung and subsequently watched from afar his brother driving off the campus ground.

.

Soon after, Taehyung pulled into the driveway of the Brother's Cafe, a cosy little cafe owned by a group of brothers and their boyfriends. Taehyung immediately fell in love with this cafe and the people in it when he stumbled across them one fine day.

He recognized the raven head's car as soon as he disembarked his own.

"He is fast. Did he not go to classes today?" Taehyung mumbled to himself as he stepped into the cafe, instantly spotting a black coconut head.

"He looks very adorable." Tae held back his amusement and repositioned himself from not appearing soft and amusing as he approached the raven head.

Too bad, he wasn't aware that the raven head has a bionic hearing thanks to his wolf genes. Jungkook was smirking happily to himself when he heard the slight adoration on Tae's voice. The true alpha controlled himself and back to a stoic expression when he heard the brown head approaching.

"Hey Tae."

"Did you skip your classes?"

"It happens as you did too. Did you not?" Jungkook questioned the brown head as Taehyung looked guilty.

"Whatever. You said you want to talk."

Taehyung was looking unexcitedly at Jungkook. Indeed he was the one to call the raven head over for a meetup but he is trying to play it cool.

"You called me though."

"You wanted to talk to me Jungkook. Remember?"

Both the males were acting feisty. None of them wanted to be the one to lose and lower their ego. After all, neither one of them has the submissive nature in them. You might think it will be Taehyung who submit to his so-called alpha but honey this is not your traditional specific top or bottom fiction.

"Fine, if you don't want to speak then I'm leaving."

Out of the habit, Taehyung rolled his eyes again and pushed the chair backwards while he stood up to leave. He wanted to speak to Jungkook so badly but he is not the one to entertain the raven head's bratty attitude.

"You're such a difficult one Taehyungie."

Jungkook gripped onto the male's left wrist as Taehyung attempted to walk by.

"Sit down, I have ordered hot chocolate for you." The raven head smirked when he notices Taehyung stepping backwards and settling back in his seat.

"I'm only staying coz you blackmailed me with a cup of hot chocolate."

"Whatever you say bun."

"Don't bun me you bunny ass."

"Wow, stop it right there. I'm everything but a bunny. People need to stop referring me to a bunny. It's always the prey. I'm not."

"So can I call you an asshat instead? You said everything besides a bunny. Oh, how about a dick?"

"Well if you're so hooked up with my dick then why not?" Jungkook smirked, so devilish that it made Taehyung want to wipe that smirk away with his lips, I mean a slap. He wants to slap that smirk away.

"Asshole."

"That is yours too if you want." Jungkook winked at the annoying brown head as he laughed out loud, enjoying the slight tension and attraction in the air.

"Jungkook. Can I know what you wanna talk about?"

The true alpha dropped his chin lower with a gaze in his eyes, seriously staring into the brown head.

"I wanted to say sorry about what happened. I didn't like how it affected our friendship."

"Nothing is being affected Kooks."

Just like that, Jungkook's heart warmed with the cute little nickname Tae kept referring him with. He likes it when Taehyung calls him Kooks, it makes his heart all kind of fuzzy.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Taehyung assured as he thanked the waitress who served his mug of hot chocolate. He started sipping on it immediately while Jungkook took a sip off his iced Americano.

"But. I hope you won't be making a move on me all of a sudden Kooks. I don't like you like that." Taehyung said as he placed his mug on the table.

Crack.

Jungkook's eyes welled in tears. It was like someone opened the tap to his tears and it was threatening to flow out like an overflowed dam. His mate is unknowingly rejecting him.

"Why?" The raven head needed to know.

"Nothing special to be honest. I'm not straight, I'm into both genders in case if you think I'm a homophobic person. Im not ready for a relationship and not with a friend like you Kooks. I treasure you so much."

"You outright rejecting any chances with me Tae?"

Taehyung paused at this. Does it mean Jungkook is trying something more with him? Tae thought that all the intimate exchange between them were accidental and nothing more than that.

He genuinely thought it was just for fun and Jungkook was experimenting on his preferences which didn't seem like an issue for Taehyung. Well, not until now.

"Do you like me Jungkook?"

.
__________________________________________
⚜️
Tae is no longer oblivious isnt he?
Let's hope he won't be breaking our alpha's heart so soon.