47. Unexpected Turnover

"Thanks for the dinner Kooks, I think I should head back now."

Taehyung and Jungkook were chilling at the living room after their scrumptious steak dinner courtesy of the raven head.

"So soon?" Jungkook's head perked up at Tae who was seated in a little distance away. Something he didn't like.

"Jungkook, it's 11 pm now. I need about an hour to reach home. Yoongles is gonna kill me if he knows I am bridging my midnight curfew."

"What are you? A 12-year-old? You don't need a damn curfew Taehyung."

"I am not a kid, I know. But Yoongi Hyung is still protective over me and he gets worried ok."

"Well, I doubt he has the time to think about you when he has Jimin and Hoseok with him." Jungkook was rambling so fast that Taehyung failed to catch the bits after the word 'doubt'.

"I'm sorry?" Taehyung asked as he leaned in closer to hear Jungkook again.

"Nothing." The raven head cleared his throat and continued. "Call Yoongi, I will ask him permission for you to stay here for the night if you're too scared to ask him yourself."

"Are you serious? He is not going to allow it." Taehyung was so sure his brother is gonna flip at Jungkook and he low-key did not want to turn the little attachment between Jungkook and Yoongi into something bitter.

"Dial him bun."

"No."

"Will you please listen to me this once? Dial him."

"Kooks, I don't want him to scold you or anything-...."

"Taehyung, call him. Unless you don't wanna stay here with me tonight."

"No! That's not the case but-...ok fine!" Taehyung felt defeated when Jungkook started to give him his sad look with the unusually big doe eyes melting his heart with the request. "But don't be mad at me when Yoongles yell at you for requesting me to stay over at the very last minute."

Jungkook just casually smirked and wore a smug look on his face as he crossed his arms and legs waiting for Taehyung to dial his brother.

I know he will allow you to stay with me Tae, it's about your safety after all.

The raven head sighed as he watched his mate dialling his brother with a nervous look on his face as Taehyung continued to nibble on his lower lips while bitting on his finger nails.

When Tae's face light up suddenly, Jungkook corrected his posture and leaned forward to sneak his wolf hearing into the phone call. Not that he needed to try hard as he can hear it clearly without much effort due to his true alpha ability.

"Taebear?"

"Yoongles...hey, how are you?"

"Fine? What's up?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook who looked like he wasn't paying attention as he was fiddling on his fingers while looking everywhere else but at Tae.

Why did he even ask me to call and ask for permission when he looks like he isn't even serious about speaking with Yoongles? Taehyung pouted with this thought as he responded to his brother.

"Nothing. Have you had your dinner?"

"Yep, I'm having some desserts now."

"Desserts? Hyung!! Not without me!" Taehyung is a sucker for dessert and he can't believe his brother is eating up their stored away ice cream in the fridge without him.

"Um, I don't think so I should share it with you..."

Fuck, I heard someone panting. I-is that oh! I know what is he eating. Jungkook's ears perked up when he paid close attention to the other side of the line as he was eavesdropping while looking disinterested in front of Taehyung. He didn't want to come across too eager in asking the brown head to stay although he is bloody excited about what is happening on the other side of the line - a triple sundae ice cream with extra cream apparently as dessert.