16 Rejoice

"Joonie, where do you think they went? It's been almost an hour."

"Jinnie, for the nth time, stop lurking through the telescope, I don't think so you can see anything in the middle of the night and we are literally behind a tall freaking bush."

Jin pouted at his mate. "How dare you suspect my detective skills!"

"Babe, now is not the time..." Joon was back to keeping an eye on the driveway to Tae's house where Jungkook's car was parked.

Earlier, both the wolves trailed the way catching on Jungkook's scent which wasn't difficult since the true alpha's musky wood scent was like no other. They arrived at the neighbourhood a little after Jungkook and Tae had an encounter.

Namjoon did what his instinct kicked him to at that very moment, pulling Jin aside, behind a bush since they parked Joon's bike a kilometre away.

"KIM NAMJOON-..." Jin's whisper yelling was cut short when Joon quickly muffled his words with the palm of his hand, shutting his mate.

He just gestured with his eyes and tilted his head forward, asking Jin to look at the direction he was signalling.

.

"Um, so I guess...goodnight and happy birthday again?" Taehyung clutched his waist with his arms, rocking his feet left and right, fighting the chilling cold.

"Here." Jungkook noticed the brown head was almost gritting on his teeth while speaking. He quickly discarded his jacket and placed it on Tae.

"It's fine, we are home anyways."

"Please! K-keep it, you're turning pink with the cold." Jungkook rested both his palms on Tae's cheeks, not even slightly bothered on Tae's widening eyes.

"K-kooks? A-are you ok?"

Taehyung still finds the affectionate gestures by the raven head to be a little odd. Yes, they are friends. Tae does behave silly and all cutesy with Jimin from time to time. He is not afraid to be soft and affectionate towards his friends.

But, with Jungkook, Taehyung never thought the raven head is someone who can be affectionate and sort of loving towards his friends. Not to Tae at least. They are only now budding their friendship.

"Yea, I am. Look, I am no longer on the verge of passing out." Jungkook chuckled nervously, retracing his hands, missing the softness of Tae's cheeks under it.

"You did scare me for a bit there. What happened though?"

"Um, I just had a little too much to train earlier. Did a lot of work outs...maybe just the exhaustion and you know...those sort of things?"

Tae nodded. He knows that Jungkook is like a muscle pig. The ravennete's thigh itself is enough to smack someone down to oblivion.

"It's all cool and fine to work out as you please, but just ensure you're also resting and eating well, will you?"

"Yea."

Jungkook's smile resonated his cute little nickname as a bunny. His smile was adorable and enough to make Taehyung bring him into a hug as the brown head was also grinning from ear to ear.

"Happy Birthday Kooks, it was nice to be the first person to welcome your 21st." Taehyung moved closer to engulf the tall raven head into his arms.

Both males stood comfortably within each other's arms, with Jungkook happily burying himself in the overwhelming scent of his mate while Tae rested his chin on the firm muscular shoulder he was hugging.

"Now, you need to leave, the night is getting late. I will see you next week?"

Tae broke their embrace and engulfed himself in Jungkook's jacket.