48. Tragic In The Bag

The raven head alpha was standing like a statue. He looked so pale as if he was whitewashed in a picture that was taken. His stunned expression with widened eyes and mouth scared the brown head male who happened to swing open the door to find Jungkook staring straight through him.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with his half-opened lid as he was struggling to wake himself up. "Kooks?" His call was unanswered. Tae struggled to open his own eyes and rubbed them for some supper as he watched Jungkook a few seconds before placing his hand on the alpha's shoulder.

"Jungkook?"

The brown head is starting to get worried at the other male in front of him when he noticed that Jungkook was clenching on the phone which was still attached close to his ears. He took it off Jungkook's hands and looked at the caller ID indicating 'mom'.

What's wrong? Why isn't he talking to his mom?

Taehyung looked at Jungkook for a brief second and raised the phone to his ears when he saw the time on the call was still running by the seconds it was connected.

"H-hello?"

"J-jungkook? Son, please come to us...I-I..."

"Mrs Jeon, I'm sorry but it's not Jungkook. This is Taehyung, Jungkook is right in front of me but he is not looking too good. Is everything ok?"

Taehyung could sense the panic in Mrs Jeon's voice and with the equally disturbing expression on the raven head's face, it didn't take a genius to put two into two to figure out that something might have happened and it's not something pleasant.

"Oh thank God Jungkook is with you Taehyung! Can you please bring Jungkook to us? H-his dad...his dad is not well, we need Jungkook."

"Mrs Jeon, what you need right now is probably a hospital and a doctor. Maybe you should bring Mr Jeon to the doctors and we will be right there?"

"Taehyung, son there isn't much time for us to discuss on this. Just ask Jungkook to find us. Please."

Mrs Jeon's voice faded away and cut off abruptly when Taehyung heard a connection lost through his ears indicating the end of the call. He wasn't sure on why Mrs Jeon insisting Jungkook to be with them when what Mr Jeon needs right now is probably medical attention if he is sick.

Not planning to be the decision-maker or advisor to this matter, Taehyung held onto the phone and looked up at Jungkook who was intently staring at him with a stoic expression.

"Jungkook, it's your mom and you need to get to her now. She said your dad is not well and she needs you there."

Only then Taehyung realized he didn't check with Mrs Jeon about their whereabouts.

"D-dad...Taehyung dad is not well."

It was like the crack on the frozen lake finally trembled and broke apart when Jungkook slowly break off his stone facade and trembled as his emotion rushing back into his system from the time his mind stopped working.

"Yes Kooks, now hurry up before your mom calls again."

Taehyung pushed Jungkook towards the living room and followed him right up. He wasn't ready to leave home as he just woke up.

"Can you just share me the location later while I get Namjoon and meet you there? I need to freshen up."

"Namjoon will know where it is. You can follow him." Jungkook was grabbing onto his keys and took his phone out of Tae's hand as he started to rush out of the door towards his car.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung ran out with the raven head and stopped him before he gets into the driver seat. "Take care. I will find you, I promise." He engulfed the raven head into a tight hug and broke apart with a gentle kiss on his cheeks before running back to the front door allowing the raven head to depart.