36. Stay

"Doctor, how is my brother? Is he alright? Anything alarming? Doctor, is he ok? He should-..."

"Sir, calm down. He is doing alright. I think we should talk about it further in the room."

The doctor who attended Taehyung guided Yoongi to his medical room while instructing the nurse to take a look at Tae while he chats with Yoongi.

"How is he doing now?"

"You are?"

"I'm Yoongi, Taehyung's only family. His older brother."

"I see. I thought he was admitted by his husband."

"MY BROTHER IS NOT MARRIED. THAT GUY IS NOT HIS HUSBAND. DID HE TELL YOU-..."

"Wow, calm down Mr Yoongi. You tend to get emotional when it comes to your brother I see. I just assumed the man out there is the husband coz he was panicking and wouldn't leave your brother's side until I have to warn him away."

Yoongi rolled his eyes feeling unbothered on how did Jungkook react. He needs to know about his brother's condition.

"Enough of that doctor. May I know how is my brother doing? Please."

"Alright. Taehyung is doing fine. He is not in any pain anymore. I examined him for wounds, scratches and even for any sign of physical abuse but there were none. I don't understand why was he yelling in pain holding the back of his shoulder saying it hurts."

Yoongi scrunched his brows together. He was listening carefully to the doctor explaining that Taehyung is not showing any sign of physical harm hence they are unable to diagnose anything on him.

"He looks fit as a horse to me and within a few minutes of examining, he dozed off. Not to worry, he is in a stable condition. I reckon he fell asleep after the whole episode of commotion about feeling hurt and pain but in fact, he is completely fine."

The alpha seated across the doctor ran his thoughts in a million direction trying to grasp on the most possible explanation.

Of coz, even though Taehyung is not part wolf like himself, he is still considered as a supernatural being. Something no modern medicine can explain or even treat.

"Thanks."

Yoongi knew Taehyung will not be needing the medication the doctor was prescribing. Yoongi knows what's up and he is about to deal with things on his own.

As he was ready to sign the discharge letter and take Taehyung back with him, the doctor stopped him midway with an awful suggestion which triggers Yoongi's anger.

"I think your brother might have some delusional issues and pretend to be sick when in fact he is not. Maybe I can suggest an appointment with a psychiatrist for further assessment."

"Are you out of your fucking mind? You're saying that my brother is a mental case?"

"I'm sorry Mr Yoongi, not to sound rude but-..."

"If anyone needs a shrink then it's you for being so judgmental and nasty with your patients, get lost before I smack your brain out of your skull."

Yoongi scoffed at the doctor who looked at him bedazzled, finding the rude behaviour of Yoongi to be inappropriate.

"Geez maybe the one that needs a shrink is his brother." The doctor mumbled lowly to himself and gladly walked away to attend to his next case.

.

When Yoongi walked out of the doctor's room, Jimin was the first to run to the older alpha.

"Yoongi, is Taehyungie alright?" Jimin must have cried out of concern as Yoongi caressed his puffy cheeks and looked into his concerning eyes.

"Yea babe, he is fine. I signed off his discharge form, we can head back home."

"Oh thank Goddess!" Jimin leapt in for a hug, trying to give Yoongi a hug of comfort while stealing the warmth from the older at the same time.

"That's a good news Yoongi. Can I help you with anything else?" Hoseok walked to the duo and intertwined his fingers with Yoongi as Jimin peaked his face from Yoongi's chest, arms still straddling the older's neck.

"Nope, everything is fine dear. I will bring Tae home and maybe you both can visit him tomorrow or the day after. I want him to rest at home."

Yoongi gently squeezed Hoseok's fingers while the other hand ran up and down Jimin's spine, soothing the silver head.

"Um...can I see him?"

The soft yet rough voice of the true alpha followed up as the trio were having their own comforting time.

"No."

"But why? Hoseok and Jimin can visit him but why not me?" Jungkook puffed out his breath in annoyance. Yoongi will forever be the villain in his and Tae's love story.

"Coz you little brat acted and made people assume you're his husband! First of all, what were you doing meeting Tae out in the public and what triggered his pain?"

"How the fuck do I know about that Yoongi? Care to tell me the things you've been hiding about my mate from me?"

"Jungkook. Enough. Now is not the time to argue with Yoongi."

Namjoon stepped in and hold onto his brother who was almost charging towards the older male who stood there unbothered, still holding into the two males.

"Fuck off Jeon. Just coz you're my Taehyung's surpassingly fated mate doesn't mean I should immediately accept you. I warned you that if you ever hurt him, you're better off dead."

The situation was at all-time tense and high among the 6 males as Namjoon and Jin tried to hold back the raging true alpha who was disorientated in the worry about his mate's wellbeing and villainous brother.

All of them were so engrossed in the challenge between Jungkook and Yoongi that they missed the footsteps approaching them belongs to the subject they are bickering over.

"Hyung?"

Yoongi turned his head and immediately ran towards his brother.

"Taebear! Are you alright?"

Yoongi hugged his brother and secretly peaked onto Tae's back and sighed in relief when he saw nothing was visible to him. At least not at that moment.

"Yea? I mean...I was in pain but I don't know what happened...I feel fine now. Just a little dizzy."

"You must have cried a lot when you were in pain. You need to rest Taehyung."

Yoongi smiled at his brother, gently caressing his cheeks as Taehyung leaned into the touch with his eyes closed.

"Wanna go home."

"Sure Taebear, let's bring you home."

Yoongi slipped his arms around Taehyung's waist, supporting the taller male in his arms. He just wants to ensure that Tae is alright and he won't be at ease until he brings his baby brother home to examine himself.

"Jiminie? Hoseok? Um, why are you guys all here?"

Taehyung finally realized the additional four headcounts which include Jin and Namjoon.

"Jungkook informed us you were in pain, we all rushed here with your brother to ensure you're alright."

Jin answered on behalf of the group and gave Tae a quick hug feeling glad that the brown head looked well apart from the tiredness showing through his eyes.

"Jungkook? Where is he?"

Taehyung asked when he noticed the man who brought him to the hospital and whom he was spending the time with is not present among the faces he sees.

Only then the rest of the males realized that Jungkook is nowhere to be found.

.
____________________________________________
⚜️
I was inspired by the idea behind Tae's "back pain" from my very own life event.
I recently got a neck tattoo and thought to include it somewhere in my story as well.