23. Crystal Snow

"You got me a gift?" Jungkook was mystified.

"It's your birthday Jungkook, I can't come empty-handed."

"Taehyung, you know that I will never have any expectations for you. Choosing to spend the birthday with me is the biggest gift you can give me."

Taehyung's heart fluttered. Being appreciated in such a delicate manner made him feel extremely important. The brown head has always been pampered and babied by his older brother, other than that, everything else is a new experience for the human boy.

"I know, but when I saw this, I know I had to get them for you. They reminded me of you."

Taehyung slowly took out the medium-sized box. The brown head held the navy velvet box in his hand, nervous about his selection of gift.

"Are you not going to give them to me?" Jungkook teased him.

"I thought you said you don't want to have any gifts?" Taehyung smiled in mockery.

"Tae..."

"Alright, close your eyes then."

"Really? I can see the box right there." Jungkook pointed at the navy box in Tae's hand.

"Close your eyes or I am not going to give this gift to you." Taehyung chewed on his lower lips, a dark gaze lingering on his face.

"Tsk, you're such a tease." Jungkook rolled his eyes and eventually closed them shut, waiting for the next command.

Taehyung watched in amusement as Jungkook closed his eyes, grinning from ear to ear showing off his bunny smile. Compared to the first few weeks of knowing the younger, Taehyung can relate to him a lot more now.

Jimin was right, the more you get to know Jungkook, the more you will learn to love and care for the raven head. Taehyung was of no exception, he definitely can agree to the statement and even testify for it.

He waited for a second to ensure that Jungkook was no peeking to hand over his gift. Slowly, without thinking about anything else, totally giving into the whole atmosphere they are in now, Taehyung slowly leaned in.

The brown head trailed his eyes all over the younger's face, taking in every single inch of the beauty in front of him with his final gaze dropping on the tiny little scar on Jungkook's left cheeks. For some reason, that mark over the spot invited Taehyung in.

He leaned in to kiss the little scar. "Happy birthday Jungkook."

Shivers ran down Jungkook's spine setting his nerves on the state of euphoric. Did Taehyung just kiss him?

When he jolted his eyes open, his hand was being held closely by the brown head with a heavyweight balancing in the palm of his hands.

"Open it."

Jungkook was baffled, he didn't know how to react. Should he react at the kiss planted on his cheek or the fact that Taehyung is demanding on showing off his gift? His mate freaking kissed him and you have no idea the kind of firework exploding inside his heart.

"O-okay."

Tae was so excited to see Jungkook's reaction on his gift that he didn't notice the obvious blush on the younger's face and the slight tremble on his hand.

Opening the box has to be the most nerve-wracking thing that Jungkook has ever done. He didn't want to disappoint Taehyung with his reaction but he knows for sure that he will love whatever that his mate gifts him.

"Crystals?"

Jungkook's eyes sparkled. How can Taehyung with no knowledge of the wolf world get a present so precise to Jungkook's true nature?