15. Silver Beam

Mate.

The word kept ringing in the raven head's mind like a broken record.

Every crock of his body and every single nerve inside him burned aflame. Heating his body like a firecracker.

Mate.

The word resonated in the true alpha's mind and in the depth of his heart, a new surge of emotion evoked. Something he has never felt in his entire years of breathing into existence.

It's a feeling that no possible scientific explanation can make any sense, nothing under the microscope that worth the inspection nor does your philosophical ideology can come into play. It's a feeling that is born individually and borne by one beating heart for another.

Love.

That's the feeling that Jungkook is being intoxicated with. Nothing but pure bliss of love.

"K-kooks...your eyes?"

The true alpha's striking silvery eyes turned in a flash, back to its dark onyx orbs, hiding the excitement as Jungkook's wolf was pouring out its excitement within the alpha, ripping his mental barrier down.

"Huh?"

"Your eyes, it...it shined." Taehyung tried to settle his baffled state. Gulping and running his fingers over and over his smooth brown hair.

Jungkook bites onto his lower lips, chocking on his saliva, trying to keep the lump in his throat down. He can't believe he just found his mate and he is unable to react as any natural wolves would.

"Wait! Omg, is it Sept 1?" Jungkook's eye widened.

Taehyung scrunched his eyes and wanted to find something to say on how randomly confused Jungkook looked in front of him.

"No, it's August 31st, we went to school today Kooks." Tae rolled his eyes, almost like mentally slapping Jungkook for being the random man he is now.

"What time is it?"

Jungkook shuffled his sweat pocket, trying to locate his phone. He needs to ensure his instincts are correct.

"12:05 am? Oh wait, it is Sept 1st then." Taehyung answered on behalf as he just simply titled his left arm and read the time on his watch instead.

"Holy Goddess." Jungkook looked as white as a blank canvas. Colours drained from his cheeks and he was gasping for air.

"Jungkook? Jungkook? Are you ok? Omg, Kooks?"

Taehyung panicked in a split second, he watched the male in front of him running his fingers through his raven head and pulling them apart like he was losing his mind. Jungkook looked like he was drenching in pain.

"Kooks!!!" Taehyung leapt forward, arms catching the falling raven head who lost the support on his knees and it buckled forward, dropping him effortlessly into the brown head's open arms.

Taehyung was half yelling and half gasping in horror, not knowing what to do. He saw Jungkook's face was wincing in pain as the raven head shut his eyes closed, squeezing them hard.

At this point, the brown head was sniffing, he was scared. Never have Taehyung encountered anyone during their crisis or emergency state. All these that were happening right in front of his eyes they are pretty alien to him.

The brown head was holding Jungkook in his arms, almost half of the true alpha's upper body was supported by Tae's lap, restraining the weaken body from hitting the grass.

Taehyung didn't know what to do. He hugged the raven head close to his chest and rocked Jungkook front and back, softly calling out his name. Without his conscious mind, Tae started to weep, praying that Jungkook will be alright.